Incoming DEP'r

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

donjoshua
Embryo

Incoming DEP'r

Post by donjoshua »

Good morning gentelmen, my name is Josh. I am leaving for Ft. Benning 6/28/04. I'm 24 years old. Looking forward to Basic and I hope after I renegotiate my contract that I will have Airborne, specifically I would like to be in the 82nd, 173 Brigade, stationed in Italy. I have to renegotiate before I leave for basic because they did not have an "official" transcript from my college which will put me at E-3. I am also going to add a year to what I had signed up for originally which was 3 years.

I was given the opportunity to do the 18X route but I opted for 11B due to a very generous SpecOps dude named Sean. Sean was signing up for his 3rd tour while I was signing up for my 1st. He gave me some great advice about going Ranger or SF. In regard to the training that these to Professions require, one should "warm up to the torture." Sean convinced me to first be the best soldier I can be and see how I like the Army. See how the Army likes me too. And, if I want Rangers or SF, still, they will be there for me.

I would also like to look into Military Intel while I am in the Army. Even though I have not been through Basic yet, the closer I get to it the more excited I become. I believe that this MIGHT be the calling of my life. I have been looking for something I can dedicate my life to and be passionate about everday (or almost every day :wink: ) of my life. I think the Army just might be that calling.

I have been recieving mixed reactions from some people. Some people tell me not to do it, that if I go to Iraq that I will just be a target. I tell them I am going to serve my country. They don't see the honor in that, I think they are just interested in saving their own a**'s.

Others have given me the response which I would like from everyone who finds out I am joining the Army. Some have given me a hug or a handshake and said "thank you." I always get a really good feeling in the pit of my stomach when they say this. It makes me feel really good and reminds me of why I am joining the Army.

I don't want to live the rest of my life and be just like everyone else. Actually, I have never wanted to be like everyone else. I want memmories of excitment and courage and brotherhood. I want to see the world and meet interesting people. I don't want to regret the things I have done, but more importantly I don't want to regret the things I have not done. Well thx for reading this long winded intro.

Josh

PS: I know it doesn't mean sh** to the BTDT but to us DEP'rs it is a "badge" of pride. ASVAB 91, GT 125 Hooaaahh! :D
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome to the site Josh. Please read this document closely and completely and follow what is outlined in it.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837
donjoshua
Embryo

thx

Post by donjoshua »

thx for the heads up , I read that thread when I first signed up on this site. I just hadn't gotten around to doing the intro thing. Good to be here.

Josh
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

No, you apparently have NOT read it. Read it again.
donjoshua
Embryo

Post by donjoshua »

It's been re-read, my apologies sir.

Josh
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Apparently your avatar is not the only thing that you have screwed up. Go back and read it to the very end. Then fix your posts. I would expect greater attention to detail from someone who is a 'legal secretary', or do you not read contracts before you sign them? Does your employer have low standards/expectations in this department?
donjoshua
Embryo

Post by donjoshua »

Ranger Spartan: Lucky for my boss I don't sign his contracts for him. I went back and re-read it very very slowly for my dumb DEP'R ass.

Josh
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

donwashoutua-

Attention to detail.

Situational awareness.

Learn them, practice them.

Welcome to the site.

Weidert-

You almost dropped the ball on that one.

RLTW
Last edited by Vee on April 5th, 2004, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RSD 96-99
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

Welcome. 8)
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
shit_can
Embryo

Post by shit_can »

Welcome, :(

Take your time and listen carefully to what the Rangers are telling you.

Shit_Can
Tread Softly!
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site Josh.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger vrsca wrote:donwashoutoa-

Attention to detail.

Situational awareness.

Learn them, practice them.

Welcome to the site.

Weidert-

You almost dropped the ball on that one.

RLTW
Ranger vrsca, you speak words of wisdom, ditto from me josh & er, Welcome.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

donjoshua wrote:Ranger Spartan: Lucky for my boss I don't sign his contracts for him. I went back and re-read it very very slowly for my dumb DEP'R ass.

Josh
Lucky you called me Sir instead of others who are on this site.

Return to “Introduction Archive”