Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RedSand

Introduction

Post by RedSand »

Hello all, my name is Adam. I am 18 and at the end of my high school career as a senior. Both my father and grandfather served in the military and I see it as my duty to do the same. Although I am not currently on DEP status, my goals are as follows: I am signing on with the Texas National Guard, although I have not been to MEPS yet. My prospect unit is the 143 infantry detatchment currently stationed in Austin. They are the only unit currently on jump status. I hope to leave for basic early August. I am applying to both A&M and USMA for the fall of '05, and decided that the best leaders were once followers, so I want to fully experience and understand life as a lowly grunt private and learn to deal with all the crap thats comes with the territory. I also will reach my ultimate goal of becoming a ranger, no matter how long it takes as a commissioned officer, so getting Airborne school tackled before I enter college will hopefully stack the deck in my favor. I am proud to be amongst those I respect most and fully appreciate the allowing of my posts on this board. If anyone has any advice for me pertaining to my plans as they stand, any feedback, good or bad, is welcome.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome. Read and heed.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

YOU TOOK MY AVATAR, SHITGOOSE!!!!!! :evil: UNASS MY AVATAR IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL BE FORCED TO EGG YOU TO DEATH!!!!!!! :twisted: AND THAT WOULD MAKE ME LOOK BAD!!!! :evil:

Welcome. 8)
Okay, so I'm not that mad, just get a different one. :wink:
Last edited by EggMcMuffin on March 24th, 2004, 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

Welcome, wach out for rotton eggman.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ed Egghead Smith wrote:YOU TOOK MY AVATAR, SHITGOOSE!!!!!! :evil: UNASS MY AVATAR IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL BE FORCED TO EGG YOU TO DEATH!!!!!!! :twisted: AND THAT WOULD MAKE ME LOOK BAD!!!! :evil:

Welcome. 8)
Okay, so I'm not that mad, just get a different one. :wink:
You heard Ed Egghead Smith - unass his avatar newt of the brown sand variety. Get out of Ed's shirt. He may be walking on broken eggshells. :shock:

Oh & after changing avatars, Welcome brown sand.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RedSand

Post by RedSand »

My apologies, here is my new avatar. If im a double f***-up and someone else has this also, lemme know and i'll change this.
shit_can
Embryo

Post by shit_can »

Welcome! PM comming your way

Shit_Can
Tread Softly!
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome to the site, Redbone.

Use it well.

RLTW
Last edited by Vee on March 26th, 2004, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RSD 96-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome RedGlass.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome! Good intro.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Re: Introduction

Post by Saltbitch »

RedSand wrote:I want to fully experience and understand life as a lowly grunt private
I think your intent was decent; however, don't EVER begrudge a private in the infantry with this type of attitude. Especially since you've never served. You don't walk on water, but they do. So much more the Ranger Private.
RedSand

Post by RedSand »

My apologies Ranger Saltbitch and to any private who is currently serving in the military at this time, or to any veterans who have ever served as a private. My intent was not to belittle the rank, it was to further describe my wish to be at the VERY bottom of the totem pole. I was hoping that everyone would relate more clearly to my intent, not be offended. Until I have become and exceeded the rank of private (which I certainly have not), I look up to anyone who serves as such.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

RedSand wrote:to further describe my wish to be at the VERY bottom of the totem pole.
Blueballs-

Wish granted.
RSD 96-99
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Welcome RedSand... listen to advice, heed the regs and never judge those who's shoes you have never worn.

RLTW
RGR B
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05

Return to “Introduction Archive”