Could not get free Special Forces Recruiting DVD

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
student_us
Embryo

Could not get free Special Forces Recruiting DVD

Post by student_us »

Hello, I am student_us. I registered in this forum back in May of 2005 and introduced myself. I recently requested information on Special Forces, specifically, the recruiting DVD. I provided all necessary information, i.e. D.O.B., that I'm an male U.S. citizen, my Soc. Sec. #, etc. Unfortunately, the Army Recruiting Command sent back a letter saying that based on the information I provided, I am ineligible to receive the free Special Forces video. However, they are still sending the regular U.S. Army recruiting video. The problem is, based on what I know, I do qualify: I am a male U.S. citizen between the ages of 17 and 30, a high-school graduate, w/ no asthma diagnosis since age 13, etc.

My question is: what could have possibly disqualified me from receiving the video? Thank you.

student_us
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Can you provide a link?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
ggamecrazy
Tadpole

Post by ggamecrazy »

https://www.goarmy.com/sfsoldier

Ranger Flesh Thorn, That's the link he was probably talking about.

student_us, You probably forgot to check male, since female is set by default.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

ggamecrazy wrote:https://www.goarmy.com/sfsoldier

Ranger Flesh Thorn, That's the link he was probably talking about.

student_us, You probably forgot to check male, since female is set by default.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

If I am not mistaken goarmy.com has a keyboard intepreter that detects the lacisity (looseness) of an applicants wrists, therebye excluding anyone with "supple" wrists.
Last edited by Silverback on January 22nd, 2006, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Student_us,

The Dvd is nothing to special. Its basically the interviews that are on the SF page at GoArmy.com. These videos are better, if you haven't seen them.
http://professionalsoldiers.com/videos.php
Last edited by Table of Elements Skater on January 22nd, 2006, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
student_us
Embryo

Thank you.

Post by student_us »

Thank you for the replies so far, especially for the quiet professionals website.

I hope there isn't anything that I have that could disqualify me; for example, I've been outside the country several times.

student_us
JMar
Ranger

Post by JMar »

The lower age limit has been raised for 18X (SF). That could be the problem. It's no longer 17. Twenty seems to stick in my mind. Search and it has been covered.

"Praise no the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."
-Viking Proverb

1PLT, A Co., 3/75 "Glory Boys" 2006-2012
RW Aviator 2012-Present
RS Class 06-08
larry
Embryo

Post by larry »

JMar wrote:The lower age limit has been raised for 18X (SF). That could be the problem. It's no longer 17. Twenty seems to stick in my mind. Search and it has been covered.
Age limit is now 20 by the completion of OSUT, the only thing that has changed from what I know is the line scores asvab of atleast 50 GT: 107 CO: 98 from the information my recruiter told me.
student_us
Embryo

Post by student_us »

I am 24 years of age, so that new policy does not affect me. Really, I have no idea why they sent that letter; perhaps, it was a clerical error.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

You need a fucking DVD to make up your mind on wanting to go 18x?
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Matador275 wrote:You need a fucking DVD to make up your mind on wanting to go 18x?
Even an Army of One needs a little guidance now and then.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
student_us
Embryo

Post by student_us »

It isn't so much the DVD as the Army Recruiting Command's refusal to send me the DVD; for all I know, I may not qualify for securing the 18X contract, which is a major concern. I still have 4 semesters left of electrical engineering, so I won't enlist till I graduate. I'm just trying to get a head start on preparation.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: .....

Post by Silverback »

student_us wrote:It isn't so much the DVD as the Army Recruiting Command's refusal to send me the DVD; for all I know, I may not qualify for securing the 18X contract, which is a major concern. I still have 4 semesters left of electrical engineering, so I won't enlist till I graduate. I'm just trying to get a head start on preparation.
If you were addressing a specific question by a specific Ranger then oblviously you would have addressed the Ranger in question.

Let me tell you something skippy. Here at ArmyRanger.com we don't give a flying squirrels nuts whether or not you join. If a DVD is the deciding factor between you joining this Nations most crucial and all encompassing war, or having you fuck off to some left wing college and bad mouth your country....then maybe you are not cut from the right cloth. So At east with the fucking dunderhead questions and quit fouling the board with your sophmoric musings!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

The Holmchicken wrote:
Matador275 wrote:You need a fucking DVD to make up your mind on wanting to go 18x?
Even an Army of One needs a little guidance now and then.
BWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!
It's all good.

Return to “Recruitment Process”