? on pushups

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
wannuhbe

? on pushups

Post by wannuhbe »

i wuz watching "basic training" on tv, and during an APFT test, a guy couldn't do 35 pushups. wtf is wit that!? is doing pushups in the army that hard?
Jake

Post by Jake »

Is learning correct spelling and grammar that hard either?

Go get a dictionary, go get a grammar book, come back.
DocHoliday

______

Post by DocHoliday »

Some people are really out of shape when they get to Basic, some of the guy's in my DEP can not even do 10 push up's. If you have never done one push up in your life it dose become kind of diffcult to complete 35 of them.
Sal

Post by Sal »

Thats nothing, a guy in my DEP. The last time i saw him try and do pushups he did three. I know its hard to believe but its the truth
DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday »

If guys like that want to pass basic they better start doing there push ups everyday while there in DEP..if not there just going to get made fun of when they do get to basic.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Hey Sal, I believe you. This one guy in my DEP has a max of 5 pushups. He said he's never done them before. I feel sorry for him because he is a nice guy, but not to athletic. Wannuhbe, the basic training location of that show on the History Channel is Ft. Jackson. They don't call it relaxin Jackson just because it sounds nice. If you have a combat MOS chances you are going to Ft. Benning or Ft. Sill. PT every day every way
Spartan

Pushups

Post by Spartan »

Let's forget about any Lame show on TV for a few minutes here. How many CORRECT pushups can YOU do?
Glock

Post by Glock »

I can do between 70 to 75 CORRECT pushups. I've been training for RIP for a while now :)
DocHoliday

Post by DocHoliday »

I can do 62 correct push up's in one minute. I know there correct because the DEP guys only count the right ones. I practice everyday to get up to 100..ummm by the way how many push up's do you have to do to pass the RIP PT test?
Spartan

Pushups

Post by Spartan »

I wouldn't worry about the exact number. Doesn't matter what it is. Matters how much of a smoking you get the night before. You haven't done many pushups yet. If you think you've done a lot of pushups because you've been doing 100-200 a day, that's nothing. In RIP you'll be doing between 1000-1500 pushups every day, Easily. Hell, you'll probably be doing twice that.
Glock

Post by Glock »

The best way to prepare is to PT until you can't PT any more, but you don't stop you just keep on going
Matt117

Post by Matt117 »

True statment
wannuhbe

Post by wannuhbe »

what do you mean by correct pushups? do you mean going all the way up and down or doing pushups fast or medium-paced?
Spartan

Correct

Post by Spartan »

A Correct pushup:

Back Straight while going up and down.
Arms break a 90 degree angle at the elbow or chest touches a fist created by someone else and held on the ground under your chest.
Glock

Post by Glock »

If your not sure you are doing it right( because you can't see yourself) explain a correct pushup to someone and have them spot you.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”