5 mile run under 45 minuts?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
gc12413
Egg

5 mile run under 45 minuts?

Post by gc12413 »

Hello everyone. I was recently reading some ranger requirements, and it stated that one must be able to run 5 miles, with no more than 8 minuts per mile. Now I know that under 8 minut miles are do-able, but 5 miles in a row? Was I mislead? Is it really 5 miles in under 45 minuts? Thanks for anyone who can answer this question.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Go post an intro and use the fucking search button.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
gc12413
Egg

Post by gc12413 »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Well math genius, less than 8 minute miles would mean 5 miles in less than 40 minutes, not 45…….

If you wanna be a Ranger sub 8 minute miles should be do-able for any length as far as I am concerned. Don't like it? Don't try it.................
Well reading genius, did you not see the word "under"......................... I honestly doubt you could run any distance with sub 8 minut miles. I applaud anyone who can run 5 miles under those conditions, anymore and that's olympic-worthy.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

gc12413 wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:Well math genius, less than 8 minute miles would mean 5 miles in less than 40 minutes, not 45…….

If you wanna be a Ranger sub 8 minute miles should be do-able for any length as far as I am concerned. Don't like it? Don't try it.................
Well reading genius, did you not see the word "under"......................... I honestly doubt you could run any distance with sub 8 minut miles. I applaud anyone who can run 5 miles under those conditions, anymore and that's olympic-worthy.
Alright asshole, prepared to be banned. You did not read the FAQ's, you are disrespectful and your smartass fucking attitude will get you nowhere. Members of the board include current RI's and RIP instructors. By being a disrerspectful douchebag, you have now excluded yourself from what is arguably the best source of non-classified Ranger material in the world, you stupid fuck.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
gc12413
Egg

Post by gc12413 »

The Holmchicken wrote:
gc12413 wrote:

Alright asshole, prepared to be banned. You did not read the FAQ's, you are disrespectful and your smartass fucking attitude will get you nowhere. Members of the board include current RI's and RIP instructors. By being a disrerspectful douchebag, you have now excluded yourself from what is arguably the best source of non-classified Ranger material in the world, you stupid fuck.
o really
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Ho hum turd. Good luck finding anyone to help you now jackass.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I honestly doubt you could run any distance with sub 8 minut miles. I applaud anyone who can run 5 miles under those conditions, anymore and that's olympic-worthy.
You honestly doubt??? Who gives a flying rat fuck about you or your opinion? How the fuck would YOU know? Based on WHAT experience?

Here's a thought...SHUT YOUR FUCKING COCKHOLSTER. Maybe if you had spent some time reading before running your suck your life expectancy here would be a little longer.

Just as a friendly parting gift let me enlighten you dumbass...that standard you posted above is done on a regular basis. I know we did one of those at least once a month, and occasionally, depending on the PL, once a week.

That run is not even considered a hard one.
:evil:
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

gc12413 wrote: Well reading genius, did you not see the word "under"......................... I honestly doubt you could run any distance with sub 8 minut miles. I applaud anyone who can run 5 miles under those conditions, anymore and that's olympic-worthy.
Whiney Little Cunt,

Olympic mile time is about 4 minutes.

Fucking moron,

We had runners in boot doing 3 miles in 18 minutes. So math genius that equates to a six minute mile on average.

Shit for brains,

A five mile run in under 40 minutes is only a prerequisite meaning if you ever get to have a chance at earning the Tab let alone being part of Battalion it will be expected on a regular basis.

Fat Ass,

You obviously have no understanding of physical training and are weak minded.

Fuck off.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

gc12413 wrote:

Actually, it's kinda fun.....watching a young buck, with just a few words, fuck up the rest of his life. Are you so stupid as to beleive that you're beyond our grasp, gc12413? I remember recently when a poser had an old LRRP show up at his door. We don't have to do that to you, young hero.....you're going to come to us!!!! Bwahahahahaha :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Barnett
Ranger

Post by Barnett »

gc PM inbound READ IMMEDIATELY
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Invictus wrote:
.........I know we did one of those at least once a month, and occasionally, depending on the PL, once a week.

That run is not even considered a hard one. :evil:
Check this out dude, cunt, douchebag or whatever slug ass "hole" you crawled from underneath. WE ARE RANGERS, we have put in the work, passed the test and are considered one of our NATIONS BEST!!!

You came here and looked for an "ANSWER" to your stupid ass question. Shut your fuckin mouth, learn to have some respect. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT SHOULD YOU GO TO RIP...........................how do we know this you ask!?!

BECAUSE YOUR ATTITUDE SUCKS, I will go out on a limb and say that each and every one of us here who are Rangers (and even the veterans who aren't but are part of our family, would love to be standin next to your sorry lame ass when and IF you even GET TO RIP.

You wanna be high speed yet you don't have the integrity to recognize those who have been there and done that.....OH and btw, we have active duty Rangers here as well that continue to set the EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW.

The follow part refers to you slug. :evil:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

We had a platoon sized detail doing all our shit-work last week.

All of them were RIP failures.

First week failures.

Santa brought you a weed-eater.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Fucking CLASSIC!
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Invictus wrote:
Fucking CLASSIC!
WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “About RASP”