RANGER GRADUATION GIFT

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
HOOAHMOM5
Egg

RANGER GRADUATION GIFT

Post by HOOAHMOM5 »

Hope you guys dont mind this mom asking a few questions.. It is a little early as my son just started Ranger school but do any of you have some suggestions for a graduation gift? I have the info on the rings but not sure if he will wear it. He already has a good watch.
Can anyone help me out????
I know you are all brothers so you must think alike...lol !!!
Hooahmom5

PS. I am working on my avitar!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Wait until he graduates (don't jinx him) then get him a ranger coin.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Peanut butter...the whole jar....and a coke, and a bagel with cream cheese (hot), and some pizza.....

Steadfast is right-don't jinx him. When he graduates, coffee cup, sweatshirt, etc.

Stead, he should already have a hooah coin, being from Batt. Unless you were referring to a RS coin.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

<shameless plug>Whatever you get for him, make sure it's something designed by real Rangers, such as, anything here</shamless plug>

And, it would be great to get him something that will last forever, that he'll always have. T-shirts, sweatshirts and stuff like that are great, but they eventually wear out. A professionally framed print, if its within your budget constraints, would be an awesome gift cause it's something that would last forever and that wherever he lives he will always have it hanging on the wall and think of two things - Rangers and Mom.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

My Momma hand painted me a Crest........
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

My momma bought me a stuffed pizza and let me sleep for 11 straight hours.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I did all my sleeping in gulag..... :roll:
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Anyone ever tried out those poncho liners that have thinsulate in them. They came out after I was in but sounds like that would be sweet for in the field.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I always wanted one, but couldn't see spending $60 on one....
Bell

Post by Bell »

A steak dinner with an open bar and a lap d.....uh..never mind.

RLTW
Bell
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

heheeeeeehe
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Just take him out to eat, but be sure you have DEEP pockets unless it's one of those all you can eat deals (my brother made this mistake, lol. I took him for about $65 at Outback, ha, ha.He honestly couldn't believe one man could eat so much at one sitting -so beware!)

Spartan's advice is right on. Get him something that will last. A lot of posts have places close by that will make up a Ranger Plaque to commemorate his achievement. These are normally reserved for when someone leaves service. However, my girlfriend at the time had one made for me as a graduation gift. Well, the chick is LONG GONE, but the plaque is still hanging on the wall in my office, right behind me as I speak - errr, type.

Get him a plaque, Mom. Mine turned out to be my college degree. You'd be suprised how many sales that $30 plaque has closed for me, lol (conversation piece).

I know of one in Savannah, but I'm sure if you put the call out, some of the 3rd Batt guys on here will square you away with someone in Columbus.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
HOOAHMOM5
Egg

Post by HOOAHMOM5 »

Thanks all you fine Rangers.... I think I will wait.. you are correct... dont jinx it !!!
I appreciate all your advice and value it... You guys are a very fine elite group and I have the utmost respect for you !!!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RLTW
Hooahmom
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Dam guys, she likes us, must be you Spartan, definitely not me. LOL :lol:

muttering to self, I think i will follow Bell's advice and get a steak dinner with aaaah, entertainment, sounds good. :lol: Can't get closer than your lap and a still be legal. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”