R.I.P. leave

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
madsmarty
Embryo

R.I.P. leave

Post by madsmarty »

Does anyone know if RIP holdover is getting a leave anytime soon?
I heard they may be taking a 2 week leave around July 2nd.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

El Diablo wrote:Dude you shouldnt be concered with leave right now, the only thing on your mind should be passing RIP and getting into battalion! Keep your mind focused on your real goal and worry about leave when you get to batt.!!!!! :roll:
Dude,
You should read a little more
madsmarty wrote:Hi my name is Liz
I am a mom to a solier currently in RIP
I found this website to better understand what he is going through
I don't get to talk with him much so I really don't have a good understanding of Rangers.
Learning though
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
madsmarty
Embryo

Post by madsmarty »

I am not in holdover..my son is and I am wondering, not him.
It is not easy being a mom here and not really knowing what is going on. I don't get to talk with him much these days. I figured being in this forum I may be able to get answers to questions "I HAVE"
So if you have any info pertaining to that I would appreciate any help. [/quote]
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

madsmarty wrote:I am not in holdover..my son is and I am wondering, not him.
It is not easy being a mom here and not really knowing what is going on. I don't get to talk with him much these days. I figured being in this forum I may be able to get answers to questions "I HAVE"
So if you have any info pertaining to that I would appreciate any help.
[/quote]

Ma'am let your son become a MAN, I'm certain that when time allows he'll be in contact with you. Besides, be proud of the fact that he's even IN Our Ranger Indoctrination Program, you've obviously done some good things in the raising of your son, and we all understand your care and concern for him.

But its time to let go a little and let him LIVE HIS LIFE, I'm certain one of the Ranger Parents will be around shortly to provide further incite from a parental perspective.

The fact that you haven't heard from him could be a good thing, instead of the phone call telling you he didn't make it. Know he's being challenged in ways he more than likely has never encountered before. Him being away isn't easy for you but what he's currently going through isn't easy for him either. However this is the path of "his choosing", respect that decision and allow him to experience it without clinging to him.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
madsmarty
Embryo

Post by madsmarty »

I understand what you are saying and I agree whole heartedly. I appreciate the advice without "yelling" at me.
I think for me at this point I am just curious of how that whole leave thing works. Before he went in I did a lot of research on the Rangers because I was really interested in knowing what he was doing.
A man he is becoming and I am proud of him.
madsmarty
Embryo

Post by madsmarty »

Thanks for the help. What is EXODUS leave? Actually my son has a class two sprain and is being recycled for that. I totally agree about breaking that mental state. Civilian life and the home life can definetly take them out of that. I just hear so many conflicting things about what he is doing that I just wanted to get that whole leave thing straight. We were planning on vacationing but I don't want to if he is coming home.
Willy

Post by Willy »

To add my two cents. Any school that my son has attended once it started he didn't get leave untill after he finished and sometimes no leave at all. I don't think the Army wants to give leave during school for the simple reason some would go out and get drunk and forget what they have learned :-)
madsmarty
Embryo

Post by madsmarty »

Thanks for the response. My son is in holdover for a bad sprain. They won't let him do anything. though he does try to do PT like sit ups and things he does not need to put pressure on because he wants to keep in shape.
I did not quite understand whether your son did get leave or not.
Bell

Post by Bell »

rangermom wrote:Why is it that when a mom asks a question she gets chewed for not "cutting the apron strings"?
Just because we ask a question doesn't mean we are clinging.
The dads don't get this type response so why do we?
Dad's usually ask technical questions. Practical application stuff. Mom's ask heart questions. Concern for safety etc.

RLTW
Bell
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Mom,
PM Inbound.

My son did not receive leave during RIP hold over. But as you can gather from other reponses that can very from class to class...I'm sure there is a RIP contact number that you can call and find out...You might want to tell them that you are Ranger Silverback though...might save him from..."PVT*****, your MA, MA, wants to know when you are comming home"... :roll:

Think i'd wait to find out...i'm sure he'll call whan he can and let you know.
Another alternative is to PM one of the Rangers...you'd be amazed at how much "heart" they have when they are have their camo paint on.

Keep up the good work mom, i'm sure he appreciates your love and support...we'll look forward to having you in the parent forum when/if he graduates RIP.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

You might want to tell them that you are Ranger Silverback though...might save him from..."PVT*****, your MA, MA, wants to know when you are comming home"...
I think she wants to get him tortured.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “About RASP”