Run time major increase.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

EarthPig wrote:After your last diamond pushup, hold in the FLAR for a full 60 minutes.
I'd be so fucking bored after holding the front leaning rest for an hour, man. :p
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

EvilCouch wrote:
EarthPig wrote:After your last diamond pushup, hold in the FLAR for a full 60 minutes.
I'd be so fucking bored after holding the front leaning rest for an hour, man. :p
Oops! Thanks for the catch! :lol: I've edited the original post.

That's what I get for not proofing my posts....

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

EarthPig wrote:That's a pretty substantial increase on your run time....good on you. There is a pushup exercise called "21 down" that will help your pushups.

You get in the front-lean-and-rest (FLAR) position and bang out 21 good form pushups. Then, immediately rock back into a kneeling position and do 21 fully extended military presses (no bar, just air). Then drop immediately back into the FLAR and do 20 pushups. Then, to kneeling and do 20 presses. Then, 19 pushups/ 19 presses. Then, 18... You get the picture.

When you get down to five, you do 5 diamond pushups. Then, instead of going to the kneeling position, hold the FLAR position for 30 seconds (keeping your back straight and your abs tensed). Then, do 4 diamonds, hold for 30 seconds. Then, three.....etc. After your last diamond pushup, hold in the FLAR for a full 60 seconds. I promise that this will smoke your ass.

You're not going to be able to start at 21, so modify it to "10 down" or "15 down." When you get to the point that you are completing it consistantly, ad a couple reps.

RLTW
EP
Ranger EarthPig,

I did a 15-Down last night. (I had to modify it to fit my current ability level) I enjoyed doing it because it added intensity and variety to my daily PT. I was wondering if you knew of something like the 21-Down for an ab workout. Thank you.

-DRM

Return to “About Army Physical Training”