Battling for an Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Kobayashi
Inprocessing

Battling for an Option 40

Post by Kobayashi »

I went to MEPS yesterday and have begun the fight to get a Ranger option on my contract. I'm getting pressured to take an Airborne or 18x contract instead. When I maintained that I wasn't signing up without an 11x/Opt. 40 contract, phone calls were made and connections were contacted. However, they came back negative as no Opt. 40 contracts are available at this time. However, if I get an 18x contract, my recruiter says that he has a connection who can RENO my contract into an 11x/Opt. 40 as soon as one becomes available. If his connection is unable to do this, I can always get out of the Delayed Entry Program, so I don't have to ship out with a contract I don't want. Does this sound fishy to anybody?
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Yep!
Next question.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

if you join and drop from the DEP pool, I will come to your house and fucking kill you myself.

do a search here for what has been talked about regarding option 40 contracts at MEPS.

never come into my forum and talk about quitting the DEP program again.

True Soldiers honor their obligation. Being a DEP is one such obligation.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i don't have that information.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Kobayashi
Inprocessing

Post by Kobayashi »

Understood, SFC hit_it. Believe me, I intend to honor my commitments and I will finish what I have started. I am looking for the best route into the Rangers. I am wondering how feasible this Renegotiation option is and whether or not I should take it or hold out for an 11x/Opt. 40. Thank you.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Get what you want in writing....and don't sign until you get it!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

let me give you some of the advice I got..... "don't let them sell you a Pinto, if you're wanting a Cadillac"...Ranger EarthPig.

And if that is not clear here is another

"Remember, the Army needs you more than you need the Army and never let them convince you otherwise".....Ranger Abell9

All you need to do is read through some posts all your questions will be answered. The rangers helped me see the light and you as well,but quiting by any means is not an option, P.m. if you need to.
Phulano
Tadpole

Post by Phulano »

Dude, you suck.

Dont sign a contract you dont intend to make good on.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Bottomline is this young stud.

You want to serve your country, those of us who have in the past or are about to honor you with that, this country needs more MEN like you and I myself salute you.

SFC Hit_it hit it on the nail when he said don't sign if you're not committed. But check this out

If you think you have what it takes to be a Ranger, then don't sign shit until you can get it in your enlistment contract. If your recruiter is "Claming" that there aren't any slots available, then just sit back until one does. Trust me his job is to get young studs to enlist, he if can't make you commit to SF, he'll find a way to get you an OP40 SLOT, once he's convinced you won't settle for anything less. Our Country needs all the high speed Warriors we can get. Just check out the thread about the slug who is tryin to get into Canada.

Don't Sign SHIT UNTIL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT. DON'T WORRY YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT LONG, TRUST ME... The key is YOU BETTER FUCKIN MAKE IT AND NOT QUIT IN BETWEEN Because Rangers are a Breed apart, we're the true asskickin professionals who get the dirty work done and ask for nothing in return. Nothing you could ever do with the exception of taking care of your family and honoring our country will ever make you more proud and the lessons you learn in Bn will carry you (in the good & bad times) for the rest of your life.

Good luck to you young man!
Last edited by Bugsy on December 26th, 2004, 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Kobayashi
Inprocessing

Post by Kobayashi »

Thank you, Ranger Bugsy, Ranger Slowpoke, Ranger Kilted Heathen, SFC Hit_it and everybody else for your input. I appreciate your advice and will follow through with it.
soldierjim

ATTENTION

Post by soldierjim »

CONTRACTS ARE CONTROLLED THROUGH RECRUITING COMMAND AND MEPS. EACH RECRUITING BDE HAS SO MANY SLOTS AND BDE'S COVER SEVERAL STATES. THERE ARE TWOS TO SECURE A RANGER OPTION:
CONTACT DIFFERENT REC STATIONS IN BIG CITIES, DIFFERENT BDE'S.
OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL MEPS AND ASK THE COUNSELORS WHO HAS THE RANGER OPTION. THIS MEANS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET YOURSELF
ON A PLANE AND MINN/ST.PAUL AND SPEND A FEW DAYS INPROCESSING AND SWEARING IN. THIS WILL BE EXPENSIVE. PROBABLY $500 R/T HOTEL/MOTEL $50 A DAY CAR RENTAL $200 ETC.
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BAD ENOUGH, YOU DO IT! TO ALL OF YOU WANNABE'S, REMEMBER THIS, "NO PAIN, NO GAIN"
THAT IS ALL,
CARRY ON
Bell

Post by Bell »

soldierjim, it's good to see you on the board. Now, stop using all caps like some kindergardner and go make an introduction. We got some of those lousy rules here.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Recruitment Process”