OPT 40 for National Guard?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it's GLOSSARY NON-PRIOR SERVICE.

yes you are.

it means you did not do 180 days service before being sen back. no big deal. you can't get a bonus for RA, maybe the NG can do it.

different set of regs.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Smoke
Tadpole

Bonus

Post by Smoke »

SFC Hit_it,

No go, on the bonus from the guard, I checked with a couple of recruiters and they all said the same thing. Now when I was working with an Army Reserve Recruiter he told me I could get a Bonus. But since I can't find an Airborne unit in the Reserves I joined the Guard. Thanks for clearing this up for me, I just wanted to make sure everything was done in my and my families best interest.
Last edited by Smoke on December 23rd, 2004, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Re: Bonus

Post by FireFinder »

Smoke wrote:SSG Hit_it,

No go, on the bonus from the guard, I checked with a couple of recruiters and they all said the same thing. Now when I was working with an Army Reserve Recruiter he told me I could get a Bonus. But since I can't find an Airborne unit in the Reserves I joined the Guard. Thanks for clearing this up for me, I just wanted to make sure everything was done in my and my families best interest.
WTF is wrong with you? Did SFC Hit_it get demoted? You had to change your post earlier to get his rank right, and No GO it on the following post?

Attention to detail. Search for that phrase here and learn something will ya?
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

SSG Hit_it,
beat your face.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Smoke
Tadpole

Messed up

Post by Smoke »

SFC Hit_it,

I don't know what my deal is, I'm really not trying to test you. I'm just not paying enough attention. I sure a DS would have my ass in the front leaning rest for quiet a whlie after somthing like that. Lesson learned.
Any way, thanks for the help. Kris

Return to “Recruitment Process”