prior enlisted

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
mx6116
Embryo

prior enlisted

Post by mx6116 »

SFC Hit it,
I have talked to a couple of recruiters about reenlisting and have got two different answers. I am hoping you can tell me which one is correct. I have been out of the service for just over 10 years. One recruiter is telling me that I would just have to go to the WTC course and then which ever mos I get. The other recruiter is telling me that because I have been out for so long that I will have to go through basic. I wouldnt mind going through basic but either way I am just trying to get a straight answer. If I did have to go through basic again, what are the chances of getting an option 40 in my contract? I have read everywhere that option 40 is out of the question for prior service, but I see that there are other options for getting the Ranger tab.

Thanks for any input,
Patrick
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

no option 40. under any circumstances.

the WTC option at MEPS hasn't come fully online. that's why people can't give a straight answer just yet. the counselors find out when you are at MEPS if you going or not.

i would count on going to basic again. especially if you're going combat arms.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
mx6116
Embryo

Post by mx6116 »

Thanks for the info SFC Hit it.

Patrick

Return to “Recruitment Process”