Pleasant surprise

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Excellent news. Just got started. He's got a way to go yet, but it sounds like he's doing well.

Thanks for letting us know how he's doing. Keep us posted.

RLTW
Bell
proud dad
Tadpole

Post by proud dad »

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your son over the couple of weeks. My son was recycled on his first attempt at RIP, coudn't do the sixth pullup. I think he did more than that but the first few were not counted. He was really down and I didnt know what to say to him. I wanted to tell him how proud I was of him for everything he had already done and it didnt matter to me or anyone but himself if he made Ranger or not. Instead I just told him he was lucky just to get another chance and he would already know what to expect next time.
Rip Gradutation was the best day in my life.
"Dad, these guys don't hate Americans anymore."
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

What great news! It's great that he's doing so well. Tell him that we're cheering for him, and do keep us posted.

Press on!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Great news. I hope your Christmas turns out just the way he wants it to.
Bell

Post by Bell »

proud dad wrote:I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your son over the couple of weeks. My son was recycled on his first attempt at RIP, coudn't do the sixth pullup. I think he did more than that but the first few were not counted. He was really down and I didnt know what to say to him. I wanted to tell him how proud I was of him for everything he had already done and it didnt matter to me or anyone but himself if he made Ranger or not. Instead I just told him he was lucky just to get another chance and he would already know what to expect next time.
Rip Gradutation was the best day in my life.
Tough love. You did the best thing for your son by not saying what you wanted to say. It would have given him an out. It would have made quitting easier. By telling him what you did, he still had the mindset to drive on.

When those troops get depressed and that far down, any excuse will work. You can say the nice things after they do quit. You did real well, sir. Those men don't need compassion at that time. They need support and you did well.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Fantastic news! Thanks for updating us.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “About RASP”