General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

IntelToad
Ranger

This is a very cool website

Post by IntelToad »

Heard about it in The Economist:

www.fundrace.org

The website lets you search campaign dontations by zip codes, has some really cool maps showing dontation patterns etc.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Damned, that seems pretty invasive to me. Not that it's a bad thing, but I can see that some would use a tool such as this in perhaps deciding who they won't want to do business with in the future.
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

I could have sworn you could only contribute only $2000. I found this one guy who donated $25k and 2 other people with the same address donated $25k each.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

When you live in a small town, like I do, that info is published in the daily newspaper.....by your name! It will list your name, the amount donated, and what party it went to. But hey.....we have a Super Walmart! :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

That's pretty interesting. I found quite a few people I know on it. I am going to go egg the Kerry's supporters houses. You can only contribute so much directly to a a single person you can contribute as much as you want to a party or group.

It is only through July 31st though.

Ranger2
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

It turns out that the little town I live in is pretty conservative.....I was pretty sure it was. A little side note.....one man, who sent $200 to Kerry, listed his occupation as "Hairdresser".
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RachelG
Embryo

Post by RachelG »

Here are two more that also cover congressional elections and pacs.

http://www.tray.com/

http://www.opensecrets.org/
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

Slowpoke wrote:It turns out that the little town I live in is pretty conservative.....I was pretty sure it was. A little side note.....one man, who sent $200 to Kerry, listed his occupation as "Hairdresser".
I saw a few that donated to Kerry who were listed as unemployed.

That figures.
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Slowpoke wrote:It turns out that the little town I live in is pretty conservative.....I was pretty sure it was. A little side note.....one man, who sent $200 to Kerry, listed his occupation as "Hairdresser".
Male hairdresser=Homo=Democrat. Nice Ranger Slowpoke.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

The reason that some of the donations are more than $ 2,000 is that they are made to the respective parties, not the individual candidates. The maximum for candidates is $ 2,000 although you can see how to get around that because you'll see multiple people from the same address making the $ 2,000 maximum contribution- dad, mom, aunts, uncles and the family dog.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987

Return to “The Mosh Pit”