Introduction-Andrew

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Andrewc2017
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction-Andrew

Post by Andrewc2017 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Andrew, I am 17 years old and am currently a senior in high school in Florida. Just a month and a half ago I enlisted as an 11x Option 40, I leave in june of 2017 for OSUT, it has been a lifelong dream of mine to become a Ranger and have dedicated a lot of time and effort into researching what is expected of Rangers and doing my best to live to those standards. I have been lurking on this website for a while and have soaked up a lot of knowledge and I sincerely thank all the Rangers and veterans for their effort into this website and helping young men like myself get prepared for service in the military and more specifically the Ranger Regiment. I see that in some other Introduction posts other future soldiers were asked to conduct a APFT, I have done the PFA at my recruiters office so I will post those scores since they are more official and I will also post an unofficial APFT

PFA (Done at Recruiters Office)
1 Minute of Pushups: 75
1 Minute of Sit-Ups: 55
1 Mile Run: 6:02

Un-Official APFT
2 Minutes of Pushups: 97
2 Minutes of situps: 94
2 Mile Run: 12:26

Again thank you all for your time and service and I look forward to getting myself as mentally and physically prepared as possible in this next year before I ship out!
FUTURE SOLDIER/11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20170620

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Andrew

Post by Jim »

Andrewc2017 wrote:Hello Rangers,

My name is Andrew, I am 17 years old and am currently a senior in high school in Florida. Just a month and a half ago I enlisted as an 11x Option 40, I leave in june of 2017 for OSUT, it has been a lifelong dream of mine to become a Ranger and have dedicated a lot of time and effort into researching what is expected of Rangers and doing my best to live to those standards. I have been lurking on this website for a while and have soaked up a lot of knowledge and I sincerely thank all the Rangers and veterans for their effort into this website and helping young men like myself get prepared for service in the military and more specifically the Ranger Regiment. I see that in some other Introduction posts other future soldiers were asked to conduct a APFT, I have done the PFA at my recruiters office so I will post those scores since they are more official and I will also post an unofficial APFT

PFA (Done at Recruiters Office)
1 Minute of Pushups: 75
1 Minute of Sit-Ups: 55
1 Mile Run: 6:02

Un-Official APFT
2 Minutes of Pushups: 97
2 Minutes of situps: 94
2 Mile Run: 12:26

Again thank you all for your time and service and I look forward to getting myself as mentally and physically prepared as possible in this next year before I ship out!
Andrew, welcome. Read the FAQ ands use the search feature located on the Quick Links. Most of the questions you might have can be answered using these features. Please check for a PM. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Andrew.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Andrewc2017
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Andrewc2017 »

Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV

And Thank you Ranger Jim, I will do as I have been instructed
FUTURE SOLDIER/11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20170620

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Andrewc2017 wrote:Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV

And Thank you Ranger Jim, I will do as I have been instructed
Please get to work on your task-list. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”