Introduction - Trent

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

tatro36
Egg

Introduction - Trent

Post by tatro36 »

Hello guys, My name is Trent
I am currently in my Junior year of High School, and will be graduating December 2017 (I graduate a semester early because I have taken extra classes in the summer), and I am planning on joining the Army and have always wanted to become an officer in the 75th regiment. I have a lot of family history with the Army including my dad who is currently a 1sg. I have looked to him as an example and want to join the Army and serve my country.
I plan to enlist once I graduate and do some college while I serve. I joined this forum to get more insight on the rangers, and so I may see if this is really the job for me.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Trent

Post by Jim »

Welcome Trent, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. How old are you? Where do you live? Why do you want to be a Ranger? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You are no longer on facebook. We are not "guys," each member has been vetted if their avatar says Ranger. Within the next 72 hours, please self-administer a PT test (to include pull-ups) and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Trent.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
tatro36
Egg

Post by tatro36 »

Ranger Jim, I have so far conducted the push up and sit up portion of the test.
I did 81 pushups, which scores 100 points for my age group
I did 72 sit ups, which scores 90 points in my age group
I feel horrible for saying this, but I cannot currently do a pull-up

In case you are wondering if they are proper pushups/situps, I had my father assist me with the test, and he is a 1sg, and he said my pushups and sit ups were proper.

And I will be doing the 2 mile run in the morning.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Trent, you need to make sure you read the rules for the site, but let me help you out a little bit. We are not 'Hey Guys", we are Rangers, we earned the title and will be addressed as such and Ranger is always capitalized. The 4 events of the APFT should be taken all at once, not spread out over several days. Push-up, sit-ups, 2 mile run, pull-ups, in that order and one right after the other. You can take a 2-5 minute break between the events if you need it, but no more, and you want to train yourself to do them one right after the other, push yourself, you can do it. Memorize and start living the Ranger Creed, RIGHT NOW. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”