Introduction: Dpelaez

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Dpelaez
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction: Dpelaez

Post by Dpelaez »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Dmitri. I'm 26 years old, (27 next month) and currently working as a Public Safety Officer for the city of Aiken, SC, but live in Augusta, GA. Although I currently already serve the community by working simultaneously as a police officer, fire fighter, and medic; I made the life changing decision to serve my country and enlist in the Army. My MOS is 11X with a 40 option and I will be leaving September 9th for OUST.
I grew up in a military family, both of my parents in the Air Force, with my father currently still active as a Chief Master SGT. I was raised with the values of the military instilled in me and continue to live out those values daily.
I graduated from the University of Georgia in May 2013 with a degree in Communications. During college, I played varsity football, varsity rugby, and was enrolled in ROTC (Airforce and Army). Like most college athletes, I had a dream of playing Professional football or soccer, and made the decision not to to continue with ROTC.
Now I am preparing for this next stage in my life and coming to you, Rangers, for the guidance and mentorship to be successful. I know the road is mine to bear, but reaching out to those who have traveled this path before me will better prepare me this long journey. My current self assessed PT scores are as follows:
2 minute Push up- 68
2 minute Situp- 75
2 mile run- 15:38
pullups- 9

For those Rangers interested my ASVAB scores are: Overall 90 with my Line Scores being GT:121 GM:115 EL:117 CL:122 MM:109 SC:119 FA:117 OF:115 ST:120. My scores pretty much qualified me for anything but i have to the gift of being Colorblind, but Red/Green qualified. Regardless I would of still chosen 11x because I want to at least begin my military career in the infantry and I was blessed to get a 40 option to have an opportunity to become a Ranger.
I know I have a lot of work to do but I will not quit.
Thank you for your time Rangers,
Dmitri
11X Option 40
Ship date: 20150909

"Five mentees report here" thread member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Dpelaez

Post by Jim »

Dmitri, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Dpelaez
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dpelaez »

Roger Ranger Jim
11X Option 40

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I am painfully familiar with Aiken & Disgusta (spent some of my youth there). If you ever run in to a pogue named Rick Bernardi in the AO, punch him in the nutsack and tell him the Rangers still remember his poser ass and he'll suffer for all eternity for it.

Work on your run times, and never even think of quitting!
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Dmitri.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Dpelaez
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dpelaez »

Roger RangerX,
I know my running is the area where I most need improvement which I am working on daily, sometimes twice a day. I will not quit RangerX!
11X Option 40

Dpelaez
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dpelaez »

Thank you for the welcome Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV!
11X Option 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”