Introduction - Deimos

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Deimos
Egg

Introduction - Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Hello,

My name is Dakota (Deimos is a nickname) I am 18 and I graduated high school this last spring. I signed my contract to be a 68W and I ship this September. I have always wanted to be a Ranger, but do to family issues among many other complications I couldn't wait out the option 40 contract I wanted. I hope to volunteer while I am at AIT. I went to am honors school where I learned many medical processes and symptoms, so hopefully that will get me my honor grad position (which I hear holds a lot of weight when requesting rangers after my first station, if I don't get it in AIT).

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, any and all are appreciated.

Push-ups: 76
Sit-ups: 80
2-mile run: 12:45
Pull-ups: 15

There is some room to improve but I am pushing myself daily. I look forward to being in the brotherhood of the elite.

Thank you,

Dakota (Deimos)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Deimos

Post by Jim »

Deimos, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT score is a baseline to build on. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Welcome to the site.

Your ambition is admirable although you have a super challenge ahead.

Pay attention to detail and always capitalize Ranger in your posts.

Where are you located?
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Deimos
Egg

Post by Deimos »

Forgive my lack of capitalization, I shall remember to do so from hence forth. I am located currently in Arkansas, awaiting my ship date to basics, at Fort Sill, this September.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Deimos.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

When I went through 68W AIT almost 4 years ago the 75th was activly recruiting AIT medics then. Dont know if that has changed but I can tell you that you should try your hardest to get it then bacuse its a pain in that ass to volunteer once you make it to your duty station. I strongly considered volunteering in AIT but I was anxious to see my family and I was told I could just wait and apply when I got to my first unit, so I decided to wait. That has been my only regret in the Army so far. Here I am almost 4 years later after being told multiple times that I couldnt apply. I finaly got what I needed and applied but have been waiting over 3 months and I still dont even know if I will get the chance.
4th Infantry 2011-present
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welome Dakota!

PM Inbound.
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

First of all congratulations on getting the 68W. I agree with Doc_Dino it is the best!!! Now continue to bother your recruiter to update your slot to an Opt 40. Yes it can be done. I am sure PerryB will happen along in a bit and he will tell you the same thing. Your recruiter has to call the ROC, so hopefully your recruiter is cool and will hook you up. Mine did. It took me a while but the day before Thanksgiving I got my call after enlisting in July. So it does and can happen depends on how hard you push!
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”