Introduction - Conor

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

CBA
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Conor

Post by CBA »

Hello Rangers.

My name is Conor. I am 26 years old, married, with 3 kids (1 biological and 2 in the process of adopting). I teach Middle and High School English, History, and Bible at a small private school in Upstate South Carolina.

Yesterday I signed a contract for 11x Option 40, to ship out 20150707. I had already signed a teaching contract for this upcoming school year, and won't ship out until after it is finished.

I have wanted to join the Army and try to get into the 75th Ranger Regiment since High School. I actually joined this site at that time, looking for information (former username Red Manchu, briefly mentored by Ranger Fish). I was nowhere near ready physically or mentally, and so after failing to get an appointment to West Point, I decided to go to a regular University (Clemson University). The desire to join the Army has never gone away, and has increased exponentially the past four or five months. After talking it over with my wife and praying about it a lot, we feel like this was the right time, and that God is calling me to this.

I look forward to increasing my knowledge and readiness by reading and searching here.

I self administered an APFT this morning. Here are the results. To account for possible form problems, I have subtracted 10 reps from push-ups and sit-ups. The original number will appear in parentheses.

Pull-ups: 66 (76)
Sit-ups: 87 (97)
2-mile run: 14:29
Pull-ups: 16

I need to work on the run quite a bit, as you can see. I am following a modified version of the 12 week RASP preparation course, and run in some form nearly every day.

Thank you all for your service, for making this resource available, and for all the motivation that it provides.

Conor
11x Option 40

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction - Conor

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Conor!

PM inbound.
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Conor, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT score is a baseline to build on. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CBA
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by CBA »

Roger, Ranger Jim.

Thank you for the information, Ginger.