Introduction: n_t35

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

n_t35
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction: n_t35

Post by n_t35 »

Greetings Rangers,

First off, I would like to thank all of the past and present Rangers that take the time to share the plethora of knowledge that this site offers for individuals such as myself. The information I have gained from “lurking” around these forums has been priceless in my training and will continue to be an essential resource as I progress.

As for my introduction:

My name is Nick, I am a 22 year old from central Texas and I ship for Ft. Benning in August with an 11x Option 40 contract. I am currently a college senior and will graduate shortly before shipping out. I decided to enlist into the Army for a multitude of reasons, but mainly because I firmly believe that I am indebted to our great country, as well as to all of the people who have sacrificed and served before me. The reason I chose to enlist with an Option 40, rather than any other path of service, is because I also firmly believe that every man should strive for greatness in whatever walk of life they choose to embark upon -- and nothing great was ever achieved without overcoming adversity. I view the 75th Ranger Regiment as a group of individuals that all seek said greatness, who all accept and continually overcome the challenging adversities that face them everyday. I aspire to EARN a place among men of such caliber, and by no means hold any false illusions that anything worth a damn will ever be handed to me. I’m ready to earn some callus, and I strive to work hard every day so that I can leave this world knowing that I did something worth-while with my given time.

As for the progression of my physical training, I currently stand at:
Height: 6’2
Weight: 240 lbs (Down from almost 300, aiming to be around 220 before OSUT)
Push-ups: 65
Sit-ups: 80
2-Mile: 13:34
5-Mile: 37:45
Pull-ups: 10 inboard, 8 outboard
12-Mile Ruck: 2 hrs, 54 min (Just started rucking 6 weeks ago, looking to seriously improve this time by August…my feet are finally toughening up)

I know that physically I’m scoring pretty unimpressively, especially by Ranger standards, but I am working hard every day to improve and will continue to do so.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for your service.

Very Respectfully,
Nick
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: n_t35

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Nick. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT scores leave a lot of room for improvement. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. One question, what is your ship date in August? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Nick. Continue to work on your PT scores, as Ranger Jim advised . . .

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
n_t35
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by n_t35 »

Ranger Jim,

My ship date is on the 18th of August.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140818

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome & congrats n_t35 on securing your Opt 40 contract.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »