Puking during Training

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

CWeber
Ranger

Re: Puking during Training

Post by CWeber »

This could actually work to your advantage. Many times I was told to do " push ups till ya puke ".
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

CWeber wrote:This could actually work to your advantage. Many times I was told to do " push ups till ya puke ".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Reminds me of a story I heard about an FNG at 1/75 that was dropped for push ups just before going out to PT formation. Being the recent RIP grad he knew better than to get up without being told. He was so new that his squad went and did PT now realizing he was missing. Passers by saw him and figured he was doing push ups for a reason, so they just left him. When the squad returned from exercising they found him in the hallway, arms shaking and doing everything he could not to touch the ground. His squad leader was like,"Holy Shit, Ranger! Get the fuck up!.." From what I understand it was weeks before they made him do a another push up again, even if he fucked up. If I remember the story correctly, if he fucked up they would drop another one of the FNGs. When the other guy would protest they would be told something like, "Are you fucking kidding me? Do you know what HE did? Can you do push ups for an hour?.."

Yeah, I can see this as a blessing in disguise. I could see someone saying, "OK, Ranger, sit in the shade and take a rest. When the rest of you are barfing, you can rest also.." Just be careful. You loose a lot of water and electrolytes from barfing, and it will fuck up your teeth over time and give you an ass-brown, snaggletooth grill.

On a serious note, this is cause for some concern. It should be a rare occurrence, if at all, that you vomit just after a workout. Some see it as a "badge of honor", of sorts. It is felt by some that unless you are vomiting, you didn't put an all out effort in to your workout. I call bullshit on that. I would check with your primary doctor and see what he has to say. Vomiting, no matter what the cause, is generally a bad thing.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

In that case, barf away. You know yourself and your tolerances better than anyone..just don't be a martyr.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Are you taking any of those new pre-workout stimulators? I tried some of that stuff and it made me puke also afterwards. Figured out that with my normal high intake of coffee, the amount of added stimulant in the product was way too much for me. Left me feeling like a junkie.

Excellent post CWeber. How true!
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

If you are drinking red bull, monster, etc. - cut that shit out. A Ranger is an athlete, and an athlete needs to take care of his body both with the PT he does and the nutrition he practices.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Cliv03 wrote:Hey cams, if you weren't sucking down so much sperm you wouldn't be yacking. Hahahaha. Fag.
You're safe, I'd have better luck trying to gag myself with a Lil' Smokie.

Tell your sister to get her sneakers out from under my bed, they smell...like puke.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The Mosh Pit”