Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by Baseplate »

Soldiers without integrity get the shit beat out of them and then get thrown down the stairs for good measure
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Lunch wrote:Theft is an honor violation, period. I believe you might recall that the Creed says something about endeavoring to uphold prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps; and also something about keeping ones self morally straight. There has to be a complete level of trust between soldiers, whether it relates to a nasty-ass pound cake sitting next to your ruck, a piece of sensitive equipment in a patrol base, or supplies sitting in some warehouse. If a person is known to steal when he gets the chance, there will always be a level of doubt about that person's integrity. If someone is stealing from his Brothers, there will always be a level of mistrust within the unit. Theft in garrison, when things are looked at closely and accounted for isn't nearly as easy as when things get "iffy" downrange where there's lots of shades of grey. Those who do not view theft as wrong will sooner or later compromise the unit's mission and integrity. Units without integrity don't get good missions. Units without integrity get scrutinized and have little freedom or flexibility. Soldiers in units without integrity don't get promoted or go to cool-guy schools like their peers. Soldiers without integrity are a liability.
Ranger Lunch,

So what do I do as a team leader in an envoirment where its practically expected of me to make sure my guys have all their shit by any means necessary? I can't change the culture of the whole battalion, if I did I would be out of my lane. I might be able to put a stop to it in my squad, but I'd just piss off everyone from my PSG down, and put us at a disadvantage when every other squad in the company gets and has all the equipment they're expected to have but are never issued.

This is the reason why I turned down the chance to go SMP and do a few more years to get my commission, becuase its been explained to me that Regiment is a place where this kind of shit is'nt somethig you even have to take into consideration. When I heard the words " a complete meritocracy" I was sold. I'd rather be an E-1 where I can trust the guys to my left and right 100% than an 0-1 constantly having to look over my shoulder.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

With the thought in your mind that not ALL of the Cadets are taking ROTC as seriously as you are, discuss with your Squad that misapropriation of items from other Platoons is simply redistribution of essential materials. But if anyone is caught stealing from other Squad Members he will get so fucked up that his own Mother won't recognise him....and then follow through!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Lunch wrote:NSD-

I'll send you a PM later this evening to stop the hijacking of a thread that's supposed to be random. But I will say this: there is a difference between what is wanted and what is needed. If it was needed, it would have been provided. If it wasn't provided, then it would be your duty and responsibility as a leader to raise a shit fit to your chain of command. As a leader, you must set the example and be the Golden Boy. None the less: choose your battles wisely, and plan your strategies carefully.
Roger that Ranger Lunch.

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

NSD: After two yrs here this month, if your PT scores are the still the same as what's posted in your sigline, you won't have to worry about what happens in Batt because you'll be somewhere else.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

cams wrote:NSD: After two yrs here this month, if your PT scores are the still the same as what's posted in your sigline, you won't have to worry about what happens in Batt because you'll be somewhere else.
Ranger Cams,

I started out only being able to do ten proper push ups and not being able to run 2 miles without stoping to walk, so I have made alot of progress. But I should be in MUCH better shape by now. Knowing I had a long time to wait before I would even have a ship date, I did'nt take PT as seriously as I should have. There is no excuse for this, and I'm embarresed to admit it. For the past 6 months I've made and continue to make huge gains.

Those scores are from my last diagnostic PT test administered by a grader about a month and some change ago. The next one is on the 14th. My scores will speak for themselves.

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

NSD, it is time you read the topic. Signature Line located in Board FAQ (4th entry down) and make your sigline uniformed as we all do.
Then start a topic to included your apft results in Army Physical Fitness forum.

You have come to this formation with this excuse:
The first day you show up at formation thinking you have nothing left to learn, is the last day you've spent becoming a better soldier.
-Me

We want to be able to go back & read your apft inprovements whenever we so desire.
RLTW
Steadfast
NeverSayDie wrote:
cams wrote:NSD: After two yrs here this month, if your PT scores are the still the same as what's posted in your sigline, you won't have to worry about what happens in Batt because you'll be somewhere else.
Ranger Cams,

I started out only being able to do ten proper push ups and not being able to run 2 miles without stoping to walk, so I have made alot of progress. But I should be in MUCH better shape by now. Knowing I had a long time to wait before I would even have a ship date, I did'nt take PT as seriously as I should have. There is no excuse for this, and I'm embarresed to admit it. For the past 6 months I've made and continue to make huge gains.

Those scores are from my last diagnostic PT test administered by a grader about a month and some change ago. The next one is on the 14th. My scores will speak for themselves.

One time enlistment reject (GED)/ROTC Cadet-Corporal/Persistent motherfucker & Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

PT Scores:
2min P/U: 68
2min S/U: 70
2m run: 15:44
Pull ups: 5

The first day you show up at formation thinking you have nothing left to learn, is the last day you've spent becoming a better soldier.
-Me
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Political correctness is a doctrine

-- fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media --

which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RangerLee
Ranger

Post by RangerLee »

DAMN IT... Got it again today...

"PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH"
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

RangerLee wrote:DAMN IT... Got it again today...

"PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH"

You'll know its a bad day when english is in alphabetic order. Right in front of Espanol.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

RangerLee wrote:DAMN IT... Got it again today...

"PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH"
You live in L.A. for Christs sake...you're lucky the recording wasn't in Spanish!!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”