New to forum, introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Soonerstrong
Egg

New to forum, introduction

Post by Soonerstrong »

Good evening Rangers and other veterans,

My name is Brian. I am currently a part of Alpha Company 271 BSB in the Oklahoma National Guard. I was previously a 13 Romeo (Firefinder Radar Operator, FA) in the Oklahoma National Guard. I attended BCT and AIT at Fort Sill, OK. I am now a Cadet at the University of Oklahoma. I have a strong desire to branch Infantry and attend Ranger school upon my graduation and commissioning in a year and a half. I often wonder/wish that I would have enlisted on active duty as 11x with the Option 40 contract. I have excellent PT scores and a strong desire to succeed. I enjoy challenges and learning new things. I discovered this forum and realize the invaluable information and knowledge that is possessed by many of the members here. I would love to be a part of this community and learn from all of the veterans and Rangers that have gone through this training before. I am leaving Wednesday for Airborne school and am looking forward to the upcoming three weeks of training. If you have any other questions of me I'd be happy to answer them, and I look forward to learning more from the many knowledgable people in this community.
McD
Ranger

Re: New to forum, introduction

Post by McD »

Welcome to the site. Lots of information here and KEEP your Feet and Knees together!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. I appreciate you desire to serve our great country. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal here.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Post by Chuck_Finley »

Welcome aboard. Read, read, read. Make the search button your friend. There is plenty of good info here regarding the direction you're hoping to move in your career. Nothing worth earning is easy. Expect nothing to be handed to you, but rather to be earned by your determination, attitude and performance in all that you do.
B 3/75 90-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”