Another bump in the road.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Montgomery Burns
Embryo

Another bump in the road.

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I was reserved to go to the MEP's station today and sign on the dotted line. But my recruiter calls me early in the morning yesterday saying that his headquarters sent my packet back to him saying that I was on some kind of probation. This was all do to the wording of a past ticket I had in April. The judge put on there that I had a 100-dollar fine with 200 suspended for one year. So the army looks at this as if I am on some kind of unsupervised probation. Instead of waiting for my recruiter to try and talk to them I go to the court house to try and talk to the judge about my situation and his clerks would not even let me see him or set up an appointment to see him, saying that he has already ruled on my case and will do nothing to help me. Well instead of giving up and waiting an extra 9 months I go to my girls workplace who just happens to work for a lawyer and within 45 minutes I had every thing worked out. The lawyer just fills out a motion for sentence reduction of something like that and calls up the judge to have him sign off on it. All this did was change the wording from suspended for one year to suspended to 90 days, which happens to end today.

So the moral of the story is not to let yourself get down for a little bump in the road and keep trying when people tell you that you cant get to where you want to go.
Burns: Never forget Homer. There's no muscle stronger than the human heart.

Homer: What about the weiner? A guy on TV lifted a can of paint with his!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good job....that's taking initiative. Rangers call that improvising (or Plan B). :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: Another bump in the road.

Post by hit_it »

Montgomery Burns wrote:I was reserved to go to the MEP's station today and sign on the dotted line. But my recruiter calls me early in the morning yesterday saying that his headquarters sent my packet back to him saying that I was on some kind of probation. This was all do to the wording of a past ticket I had in April. The judge put on there that I had a 100-dollar fine with 200 suspended for one year. So the army looks at this as if I am on some kind of unsupervised probation. Instead of waiting for my recruiter to try and talk to them I go to the court house to try and talk to the judge about my situation and his clerks would not even let me see him or set up an appointment to see him, saying that he has already ruled on my case and will do nothing to help me. Well instead of giving up and waiting an extra 9 months I go to my girls workplace who just happens to work for a lawyer and within 45 minutes I had every thing worked out. The lawyer just fills out a motion for sentence reduction of something like that and calls up the judge to have him sign off on it. All this did was change the wording from suspended for one year to suspended to 90 days, which happens to end today.

So the moral of the story is not to let yourself get down for a little bump in the road and keep trying when people tell you that you cant get to where you want to go.
AS LONG S NO WHERE IN THERE IT REFERENCES YOU JOINING THE ARMY :shock:

what was the charge? some charges allow you to DEP in on unsupervised probation.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Montgomery Burns
Embryo

Re: Another bump in the road.

hit_it wrote: AS LONG S NO WHERE IN THERE IT REFERENCES YOU JOINING THE ARMY :shock:

what was the charge? some charges allow you to DEP in on unsupervised probation.
SFC hit_it I made sure that the lawyer knew that you could not have anything refering to the army in my court documents. My recruiter made sure I knew that. It was a public intoxication charge. The DPS pulled my friend over who was DWI and decided to just take the rest of us in the car to jail also. But its all said and done. I took care of that and then some.

I do think that my lawyer told the city attourny what the reason for me needing the suspension, or what ever it was, to join the army. But they know that can not be a condition.

Also I didnt want to wait 9 months just to get in the army. Ive been waiting 3-4 months as it is and am getting very impatient. Just ready to get out there and do what I can.

hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i found it:

AR 601-210 PARA 4-21L

Drunk in public; Drunk and Disorderly

MINOR NON TRAFFIC OFFENSE.

unfortunately it is not listed as a charge allowing you to DEP in on unsupervised probation.

you may(key word) have to wait 30 days, but i don't think you will.

don't worry about this charge following you. it's nothing.

just make sure the paperwork is right.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Montgomery Burns
Embryo

Will do SFC hit_it. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Recruitment Process”