Sit-up Relevance

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Edge
Ranger

Sit-up Relevance

Post by Edge »

Rangers,

I scanned all 8 pages of the PT thread and searched the terms "sit up", "sit-up", and "sit-ups." I have started PTing to get in military shape by this I mean I have completely put down the weights/supplements I have become so accustomed to and now I do body weight exercises and run for 30 mins. 3 days a week during which time I'm covering between 3-4 miles as an educated guess. My question is with the revamp made by TRADOC to the PT test, is doing a sit up at all helpful towards maxing the new test, which will be instituted Army wide before I even graduate college, and passing RASP in future? Keep in mind as a former football player they still do smoke me pretty good just because of the nature of a football focused weight workout vs. an Army PT session. my hip flexors and abs are not as developed as the average soldier let alone a Ranger. Would you recommend completely removing the sit up from my workout? Also how do you see this change effecting the way Regiment conducts its physical evaluation during RASP, if at all, I know the 75th prides itself on being innovative, always finding the best way to do things, I also know many of you have been calling for revamps much ahead of time so now that you see change is finally coming are you as former Rangers satisfied with the direction the Army is heading(this is more of a discussion question I'm interested to hear your opinions.)

Heres the workout I'm currently doing to make the transition physically http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/brent2.htm...excuse the title I'm not interested in the BUD/S program its just a good collection of cals in one location.

Bangin em out for posting such a long topic...
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75

Return to “About Army Physical Training”