11x Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
r753gs9
Embryo

11x Option 40

Post by r753gs9 »

Rangers,

I would greatly appreciate a little help from a current recruiter. I have fully qualified for 11x opt. 40 as of two weeks ago. My recruiter wanted me to pick a job and all they had available was 89D. I was upfront from the day I walked in that I was only looking for 11x opt. 40 and my recruiter was cool with it, his only reservation was that they are hard to come by. Since I did not pick a job right away, he had to deactivate me, which prevents him from looking for available jobs for me. I am simply looking for a recruiter who is willing to notify me when I can go sign a contract. My test scores and physical are all good to go. When they come available they go fast and don't want to miss it when they do. I have asked my recruiter to look out for me and he just says he can't look for jobs for me. My recruiter is a great guy, I am just not getting the assistance that I need. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: 11x Option 40

Post by Baseplate »

89d would be a very rewarding job.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

11x Option 40

Post by KW Driver »

Go shop a new recruiter in a different station.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
r753gs9
Embryo

Post by r753gs9 »

Thank you for the good advice Ranger Baseplate and Ranger KW Driver. I talked to my recruiter today, and he said that I had been terminated from the system since I wouldn't DEP in right away. He also said he would ask his commander if he could reinstate me, but that I should be prepared for him to say NO. Guess it looks like looking for a new recruiting station is going to be necessary. Yes, I agree, 89D would be an extremely rewarding job, unfortunately my recruiter says 40opt. with 89D doesn't currently exist. It does come with a $22,000 bonus though. Just to clarify my situation for those also having a difficult time...My recruiter told me he could not even look for jobs for me until I was physically qualified so I needed to go to MEPS so he could see what was available. Okay, great, so I went, took my physical and qualified for 11x 40 OPT. I qualified on a Thursday, and there were no 40 Options so I did not DEP in. The following Monday my recruiter called and informed me that if I did not reserve a job TODAY then he would have to terminate me out of the system, which he did. So, I guess I call a new recruiting station Monday, pending what my current recruiter's response is. If there are any recruiters that are members of this site, process through the Tampa, FL MEPS, and wants a fully qualified applicant, please let me know. Tough to get a 40 option these days, but hey, nothing worth having comes easy right?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

What are your current PT quals?
P/u
S/u
2 min each
Pull/u (palms facing you)
2 mile run (times)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

This made me laugh a little bit. He didn't "terminate" you out of anything. He sure as hell doesn't have to ask his commander anything. He talked you into taking the physical hoping you would get on the floor and bend to the pressure of being at MEPS and just take a job. So now you are a "Q & E", which means that you are full qualified, but not enlisted. He can look at jobs for you whenever he wants, all it is is typing in your SSN in and wham bam thank you ma'am he can see what is out there.

He is correct that 89D doesn't come with an opt. 40 though.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
r753gs9
Embryo

Post by r753gs9 »

Ranger Steadfast, P/u: 61 S/u: 71 Dead hang Pull/u: 15 2mi: 14:44. AFQT 91 GT 125. Not stellar PT quals, no excuses, I just started running again in January after a 6 month layoff. I will get to 300, or close to it before I ship, no excuse not to be. Thank you for your help Ranger Goon175.

Return to “Recruitment Process”