Introduction - Andrew

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ribot0
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Andrew

Post by Ribot0 »

Andrew,

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a good attitude and a great deal more maturity than the average person seeking an Option 40 contract. I got to watch one of my cadets over the past year and a half drop nearly a hundred pounds in his goal to commission, and he motivated the hell out of everyone. Stay focused, keep training, and be patient for results. You have a valuable resource here, use it to set yourself up for success.
Ranger Class 11-10
3-21 IN
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

How tall are you, Cupcake? Losing 55lbs is no joke, good job. You'll probably find out real soon that the closer you get to your ideal weight, the harder it is to lose those few extra pounds.

Depending on your height (which will give you a good idea of your ideal weight), you may only need to lose anywhere from 15-50 lbs to get to a good "fighting weight". If I were you, I'd start looking up as much nutritional and workout PROGRAMS as I could.

Just doing pushups and running here and there got you 55lbs. But the next 15-50 won't come off so easy. You need to make a schedule for your physical training throughout the month, and follow it. You need to start counting those damned calories as well. Research weight loss, fitness, the cardiovascular system, and how diet plays a part. Do those things, and you'll be well on your way to shedding that other half-of-a-person you're carrying.

It says a lot about you that you became disgusted with yourself and started working on becoming healthier. Guys that are "self-starters" aren't as common as they should be, so keep up the good work.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/5-Knovice.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Follow that. In 8 weeks, you'll be able to run a 5k(3.1miles) fairly easy. You might not make great time, but think of it as a stepping stone. Then work your way up to a 10k. You might be able to run 3 miles now, but this will help set up a basis for becoming an avid runner. You're going to need to run a lot further than 3 miles to do what you want to do.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You have a long road ahead of you, the fact that you realize that, with your attitude and efforts to get there, is commendable.

It's not easy to live daily with "boring" but healthy food choices, and to continue to push yourself when you know how out of shape you allowed yourself to become, keep it up and remember the reason you're doing it.

Whether you make it into RASP or not, you'll be rewarded with feeling better, stronger and healthier.

Good luck, keep fighting towards your goal young man.

Respectfully.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

scarydrew wrote:P.S. That was a long ass post, time that could have been spent doing PT so if you will excuse me my fat ass has some weight to lose!
That was the smartest thing you've said all day. You're becoming long winded and fatter by the hour, now shut the fuck up and go elevate your feet.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

scarydrew wrote:Ranger Elguapo: Thank you immensely for that 5k guide, I'll begin the 8 week program today! I've been running every day about a mile or so but so far not followed a routine. When I am finished with the 8 weeks I will let you know how fast I finished the 5k.
You've got till May 2nd to finish that 8 week program. If you do it, and do it correctly, you will see some amazing gains, not only in your 5k time, but with your physical AND mental health. Think about it.

It's on you to do it and do it right. It really doesn't matter to me if you do; however, if you do, it will matter to you more than I can explain. You'll have to see for yourself.

You have two options to choose from. May 2nd is your very own special day, no matter what you do. There will be a result. What you do or fail to do is entirely on you at this point.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Do not PM me again.

If a Ranger makes a spot correction simply reply with Roger that Ranger________. and move the fuck out with a sense of urgency.

If you've read the rules and regs and actually paid attention to what you've read you'd understand this already.

Read/comprehend/study, do PT, answer respectfully if you're asked a question, PT, PT, PT, shut the fuck up, PT, PT, PT, shutting the fuck up more, PT, move the fuck out to objective. Hooah?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”