I'm in the Army now!

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Recruit11X
Embryo

I'm in the Army now!

Post by Recruit11X »

My name is Gunnar, I am classified as a Sophomore in college and I am a full-time student at the University of Central Oklahoma. I joined the Army in September and am on the Delayed Entry Program. I leave for Ft. Benning on May 16 2011 which I can not wait for! I have been impatiently waiting since the day I signed my contract.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: I'm in the Army now!

Post by Slowpoke »

Dear Soup Sandwich,
I moved your post to the Introductions Forum since site SOP calls for your first post to be an introduction. Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself, what kind of contract you were able to get , etc. You might, also, want to self administer an APFT and post your scores.

Welcome
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Recruit11X
Embryo

Post by Recruit11X »

Thanks, I was unsure where exactly to post at. We actually took a pt test last week here but did not do the run as it was about 20 degrees outside, I got 71 pushup 56 sit-ups(yea that sucks) the fastest I have gotten the 2 mile done was in 15:20. I signed a 4 year contract with airborne and Ranger(if able to make it through selection of course)
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Recruit11X wrote:Thanks, I was unsure where exactly to post at. We actually took a pt test last week here but did not do the run as it was about 20 degrees outside, I got 71 pushup 56 sit-ups(yea that sucks) the fastest I have gotten the 2 mile done was in 15:20. I signed a 4 year contract with airborne and Ranger(if able to make it through selection of course)
Please take a moment to read through the site ROE, stickies. etc. so that you understand how we operate here. After that, please post what exactly is wrong with your previous post. Please do not post again until you have done so.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Recruit11X
Embryo

Post by Recruit11X »

RangerX, I do apologize for my posts, the first thing that is wrong with the post is that i failed to put it in the correct place. Secondly I used language that I should not have, also I failed to answer Slowpokes questions, and the format that I used for my PT results was not like everyone elses. If there is anything else that I did wrong please let me know and I will fix them
Recruit11X
Embryo

Post by Recruit11X »

Also I should not have said the length of my contract, I think I am going to delete this post and rename it, and put it in the right place.
Recruit11X
Embryo

Introduction-Gunnar

Post by Recruit11X »

Hi, my name is Gunnar I am 20 years of age. I joined the Army in September and am in the Delayed Entry Program, I signed a contract with the Opt 40. I graduated high school and am currently attending college at the University of Central Oklahoma. I wanted to join this forum to see what kind of tips and advice I could get reguarding to ranger school and getting a head start on preperation. Currently I attend Future Soldier Training every Thursday and work out with a small group from the training 3-5 times a week. Last week at the FST we took a PT test here are my number

Sit-ups-56
Push-ups-76-
2 mile-15:20
Last edited by Steadfast on February 28th, 2011, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This post merged into intro by Admin
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then look at your posts again. There is a word missing up there......
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Gunnar, you are not speaking to a room of people or no one in particular.

Re-read FAQ's, especially (atop this forum): Intro FAQ - New members read and heed!
(hint) try: "Third - if you are addressing someone on this site . . ."
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Allright R-tard,

Since you're "officially" in the Army now, I'll cut you a break. That "dude" Slowpoke you were referring to isn't just some dude, or some pen pal from your English Lit class. If you knew half of the crap he's been through you'd be busy trying to figure out a way to send him a 6pack of beer in the mail. And this all happened before your parents even thought about having you.

Next time, try referring to Rangers on this site as "Ranger Slowpoke", or "Ranger Ranger X". A bit redundant in that case, but no matter. There is a standard you have to meet if you want to succeed.

You realize Ranger Slowpoke was busy fighting bad guys up and down Vietnam while you're parents were probably still in Middle School?
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Recruit11X
Embryo

Post by Recruit11X »

My apologies first and foremost to Ranger Slowpoke, secondly to Ranger RangerX as I failed to give them the respect that they deserve.
And Ranger Elguapo i appreciate the advice and I realize that I have made a mistake and it will not happen again. On the other hand, a few of us from the recruitment center did the pre ranger worker that we found on (baseops.net ranger guide) it was a 4 hour workout all together and I was wondering if this would be a good workout to stick to or not?
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Gunnar, there is a wealth of information in the forums here. In fact, we have an entire Forum devoted to physical conditioning. We are here for you with our Mentor program, if you wish. What we are NOT here to do is answer questions that have been answered a hundred times. You need to spend some time reading. Remember, the search button is your friend!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
ABN509
US Army Veteran

Post by ABN509 »

My best advice is read more than you talk. Check out some post from a user by the name of DUG. His entire enlistment/PT/pipeline journey is listed on this board. He was an 18x but his journey is still worth reading. Hopefully you will comprehend what it takes. Also, you would be a lunatic if you did not follow Ranger Slowpoke's advice about the Mentor program.

Return to “Introduction Archive”