Update: IBOLC

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
WhiskeyRiver
Ranger

Update: IBOLC

Post by WhiskeyRiver »

Rangers,

To give you an update, I have successfully completed IBOLC, and am now waiting to class up for Ranger School at the end of February. I like to stay anonymous as possible, so I will simply state that I did quite well in my class standing. I will admit at first I disliked the course, I felt like I wasn't learning much, but I listened to my Cadre and some advice sent to me via PM here on the board, and it served me well during the last three weeks of FTXs. The learning curb was steep, but at the end of it all, I left with quite a bit more knowledge in my toolbag.

Last week, we conducted a diagnostic RPFT - I focused on doing perfect, chest-to-ground pushups, as well as pacing some of my buddies who struggled with the 5 mile run, and did well. We will have a record RPFT this coming week; as far as my performance for the APFT and the 5 mile run, I scored on the extended scale and completed the five mile run in just a few seconds over 32 minutes. The course did a good job of inducing stress and physical/mental discomfort during the last two week FTX, so between my physical state and that, I feel much more confident about Ranger School than I did at the beginning of IBOLC. In short, I'm ready to embrace the suck, and I ain't quittin' until I walk (or limp) out of there with a tab.
Ranger School 07-11
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: Update: IBOLC

Post by Ndog275 »

Congrats on the basic course.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “Letters from School”