SitRep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
TexasRusty
Embryo

SitRep

Post by TexasRusty »

Rangers and DEPs,
I thought I'd stop by and give a SitRep while I still had the chance to. I'm on the last stretch of my 36 hour pass and on week 10 or 11. I'm pretty dissapointed with my OSUT experiance so far. The PT is weak and all of my peers are a bunch of whiny pussies. The only other Option 40 in my platoon dropped his contract because he was a weak shit-bag and over half of the Airborne contracts in my platoon are still PT failures. I'm very thankful for the Rangers who have shown me the correct path to achieve what I used to only dream about. Without your guidance, I probably would have been talked into enlisting without a contract and been stuck in a leg unit. All of the Airborne slots have been filled since we arrived. 30th AG was horrible, I don't think I need to explain why. I'll be graduated and at Airborne school on the 18 of November. We're graduating early so everyone will make the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm graduating even earlier so my Airborne class can be done by Christmas exodus. I missed expert in rifle marksmanship by 2 shots. I only scored a 271 on my last PT test but I have one this Tuesday, hopefully my score will improve. We'll be doing urban ops this week and then we'll go on our FTX. I haven't felt like I have accomplished much. I've improved my run time which is now a 13:20 and I've gained 20 pounds or so. The closer I get to RASP the more excited/anxious I get. I never thought OSUT would be as easy as it is, it seems like its made just so the fat-ass Call of Duty playing teenager can graduate. I'll be happy to see them get weeded out in the following weeks. I'll add more in 2 and a half weeks when I graduate.
Thanks for reading Rangers - TexasRusty
Shipdate: 20100810
11X Opt40
Ranger Slowpoke's Mentee
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SitRep

Post by Slowpoke »

Well it's good to finally hear from you. Like Ranger Zonk said, ignore the failures around you! You need to do additional PT on your own time or RASP is going to kill you! Stay out of trouble and NEVER QUIT!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: SitRep

Post by Ndog275 »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Stop dwelling on the failures around you.

Keep focused on the task at hand, complete each task to YOUR best ability………….and THEN to the next step.

Continue the hard work and being the best soldier that YOU can be.

Good job so far and never quit.
Have a good one, don't quit
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com

Return to “Letters from School”