Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by K.Ingraham »

RANGER513 wrote:And what is up with this winter camo theme !!!???? :shock:

Freaking frak. I was just learning what all the little gizmo's and gadgets on here do and WHAMO !!! The color changes to this white, wide-awake-hurt-your-eyes-at-o'dark thirty-neutral-snowy-stuff. :?
That's so us FOGs can see the damn thing.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

cams wrote:
Baseplate wrote:
Slowpoke wrote:Is it too late in the season to book a guided Pirate hunt on Falcon Lake, Texas????
I heard about this on the radio yesterday
I few discreet guys in a bass boat armed to the teeth could probably slow down these assholes for a bit
I watched this girl (alleged survivor) give an interview already on tv and I gotta say, I'm not sure I believe her story. Just a feeling I got, but something didn't seem right with her.
I don't know who to believe on that one. Even the Mexican's are saying what you just said; "if he was wearing a life-vest, where is he?" But I don't trust those bastards either.

That aside, there are some pretty bad hombres coming armed from that side of the lake. Who votes for USAF patrols with AGM-114's? :roll:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

C-MAC wrote:
I don't know who to believe on that one. Even the Mexican's are saying what you just said; "if he was wearing a life-vest, where is he?" But I don't trust those bastards either.

That aside, there are some pretty bad hombres coming armed from that side of the lake. Who votes for USAF patrols with AGM-114's? :roll:
They would probably just miss and bomb the local McDonalds.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

or the Chinese Consulate
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

those noises you hear are most likely crickets and frogs. :D
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

No way in hell I trust them either, but doing what I've been doing for the last 15 yrs, I have a pretty good read on people and their non-verbals. This young woman just watched her husband allegedly get shot in the head, she said she kept hearing God tell her she had to leave, they can't find the body, and all this in an interview within a few days of his death, as she kept looking down at the floor, in between what seemed like an effort to sob a little.

Typically if something this traumatic happens, and the "surviving" party is so willing to give an interview, or help in the search, they're trying to garner sympathy and compassion to help bolster their story, which in most cases, is a fabrication.

I'm not saying she's lying, I'm just saying I believe there's something more to this than she's letting on. Money? Another lover? Insurance?

Google the interview and tell me what you think about her actions/non-verbals.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

KW Driver wrote:those noises you hear are most likely crickets and frogs. :D
As well as sporadic gunfire and occasional "neighborly" oompa oompa music.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

cams wrote:

No way in hell I trust them either, but doing what I've been doing for the last 15 yrs, I have a pretty good read on people and their non-verbals. This young woman just watched her husband allegedly get shot in the head, she said she kept hearing God tell her she had to leave, they can't find the body, and all this in an interview within a few days of his death, as she kept looking down at the floor, in between what seemed like an effort to sob a little.

Typically if something this traumatic happens, and the "surviving" party is so willing to give an interview, or help in the search, they're trying to garner sympathy and compassion to help bolster their story, which in most cases, is a fabrication.

I'm not saying she's lying, I'm just saying I believe there's something more to this than she's letting on. Money? Another lover? Insurance?

Google the interview and tell me what you think about her actions/non-verbals.
I bow to your expertise on this one. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but my BS meter hit about a 9 when I was watching her eye movements.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

KW Driver wrote:or the Chinese Consulate
Based on Army Intel and probably a target lasered by some ground hugger. :lol:

I bet there wasn't an ETAC anywhere near that call.

Oh and I apologize up front. Last time I tried to be funny it pissed off half the board.
Ranger KW Driver
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Baseplate wrote:
C-MAC wrote:

They would probably just miss and bomb the local McDonalds.
Never McDonalds. Maybe Taco Bell or Karim's Kebab House. But USAF regulations and ROE's require immediate disengagement and wave-off once the Golden Arches are spotted. Really. Ask your JTAC. :roll:
Ranger KW Driver
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

[img]http://image_url[/img]....I have read that I can link up images with my posts.
I have tried to do so, with no success. Would someone please
advise this pathetic computer nitwit? :oops:
BTW, STG....How true, how true. We have local people sporting their athletic club
bumper stickers, who do the same thing.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”