Intro: James

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jrketcham
Embryo

Intro: James

Post by jrketcham »

Hi, my name is James, I'm 18 years old, going to be a senior in high school and work my own business of lawn mowing for good money every week.

I'm enlisting in the Army on July 7th. I want an 11x Contract with option 40 but I'm a little unsure about 11x because 13F sounds pretty good too :? . I ship out for basic on 7/6/11. I'm looking forward to being a member on the site and learning a lot more about Rangers.
Snipe
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Intro: James

Post by Baseplate »

jrketcham wrote:Hi, my name is James, I'm 18 years old, going to be a senior in high school and work my own business of lawn mowing for good money every week.

I'm enlisting in the Army on July 7th. I want an 11x Contract with option 40 but I'm a little unsure about 11x because 13F sounds pretty good too :? . I ship out for basic on 7/6/11. I'm looking forward to being a member on the site and learning a lot more about Rangers.

I am confused. How do you know your ship date but not have a contract?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve.

Is that a quote and if so whose? If its your own it seems a little out of place and a little personal. Some may be OK with it but to me its your own business and best kept to yourself.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
jrketcham
Embryo

Post by jrketcham »

Baseplate wrote:
jrketcham wrote:Hi, my name is James, I'm 18 years old, going to be a senior in high school and work my own business of lawn mowing for good money every week.

I'm enlisting in the Army on July 7th. I want an 11x Contract with option 40 but I'm a little unsure about 11x because 13F sounds pretty good too :? . I ship out for basic on 6/6/11. I'm looking forward to being a member on the site and learning a lot more about Rangers.

I am confused. How do you know your ship date but not have a contract?
Thats how DEP goes I guess, I have to make sure my ship date is 6/6/11 when I sign on this Wednesday.
Snipe
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. As long as you qualify, do not accept any contract without an Option 40, no matter what they tell you. Keep us posted on how things go and be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
jrketcham
Embryo

Post by jrketcham »

I just got back from MEPS, the doctor didn't let me advance any further until I get the medical docs from my heart murmur when I was 12 because I still have one apparently. So I have to jump through a few more hoops until I enlist. 90% done with the MEPS shenanigans, I just have to go back now, show them papers, get my job, and enlist. I'll have my recruiter keep checking on his thing if my 11x Option 40 with PaYS program is available. When I get out I want to be a cop for Austin Texas, then I want to do border patrol on the Mexican/Texas border.
Snipe

Return to “Introduction Archive”