Deadliest Warrior

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Re: Deadliest Warrior

Post by Silverback »

I watched it once and I did not think it was very engaging.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
vector
US Army

Post by vector »

Not a fan of it at all. The only good part of the show is watching them destroy some things. The way half of the weapons are graded are based on cool it looked, or as TC said how the demonstrator performs.
ambracia
Embryo

Post by ambracia »

It's entertaining, but the idea that they could figure out who would win based on a few weapon tests are absurd. I don't know if you weatched last season's Spetsnaz vs Green Berets ? I nearly tore my hair out when I found out the Spetsnaz won. First off..... Why'd they put the Spetsnaz vs the Green Berets ? The Green Berets are supposed to be a force multiplier not crack assault troops, they should of used the Rangers, Seals or Marine Recon. Second of all, they didn't include body armor, an m9 is without a doubt more accurate than a makarov, for some reason all the weapons were on semi and the ballistic knife was actually regarded as practical. Finally the "simulation program" they use can't break down training to a number and because of that the show's results are often ridiculous.
5"10 128 lbs
PU - 80
SU - 70
2 Mi - 16:30
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

GAY!

I watched one, Spartan versus Ninja, just to see what the fuck it was.

Ninja?
Fucking Ninjas?

If you are going to show something, show the unit. A single warrior does not account for the destructive capabilities of the team. A Spartan phalanx versus a bunch of gay Ninjas in black jammies would be just as gay, but more realistic to the capabilities of the Spartan military machine.

The next show was Pirate versus Knight. When they said that the pirates were highly trained soldiers, I clicked it off. Pirates were sailors, unemployed or looking for a quick buck. They are about as trained as a modern day cargo ship sailor on the rudiments of war.

I figure the ultimate warrior would be the one who kept their country on top the longest. If you are from a country that got your ass kicked and and now is a footnote in history, I would say you are not that "ultimate".

What's next, Roman centurion versus Postal worker?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

I find it entertaining, but not realistic. Season 1 had some obvious poor choices in match-ups (*cough* Pirate vs. French Knight), but it's looking like Season 2 will be a bit better (i.e. segregating it by pre-/post- gunpowder). That said, the Season 2 opener "playoff" sub-episode with Spartan vs. Samurai was probably the best matchup that the show will ever likely have.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I have watched it a time or two, interesting if I'm drinking I guess, but when SWAT took out GSG-9 (WHAT? Really?) I pretty much decided it was better to watch reruns of Gilligan's Island (Mary Anne all the way!).
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

i was the deadliest warrior.........................................................................at Ranger School, King of the Pit
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “The Mosh Pit”