Introduction- Brad

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Thank you very much
Future Soldier

Introduction- Brad

Post by Thank you very much »

Hello everyone. My name is Brad and I hail from Lafayette, LA. I am currently a DEP and am scheduled to ship on 30 June 2010 with an 11x contract. I ahve always been interested in the Rangers and it has been a goal of mine to be a United States Army Ranger. Just like in DEP Daniel's introduction, there were no Airborne or Option 40 slots when I enlisted an I came here to find advice on how to accomplish my goal and other useful knowledge from the brave Rangers who defend this great country. While I'm not in great physical shape, I do believe that I can meet the standards for RASP by the time I ship. Thank you for reading and many heartfelt thanks for defending mine, and everyone else's freedom.

Sincerly,

Brad (Spartan08)
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Spartan08

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome, I sent you a PM about changing your name, in the PM I give you the reason for the name change.

Now I am going to send you another PM with our ROE for this site, please read both PM's.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting. Your story about no slots being available is a common one and there are a couple of ways you can handle it. First, you can attempt to re-negotiate your contract. Others who have visited this site have done it successfully. The second way is to simply be the best you can during OSUT in all the training and do at least a 270 on your PT test. There may be openinings for RASP and you might get a shot. You can search the intro and and recruitment forums to find out more.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Thank you very much
Future Soldier

Thank you very much Ranger Bill. And if I may ask, how long would it take me to get promoted to E4 if I made it into the Regiment if I enlist as an E3? Ive asked my recruiter, and he said 18 months but that he didnt know how the Rangers did it. I don't see why it'd be any different, but I thoght I'd ask just to get some clarification. Thanks.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Since you failed to respond to my PM (5 days ago), a request for you to select a new name for yourself I gave you a new name based on your 1st four words in your last post above.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Thank you very much
Future Soldier

Steadfast wrote:Since you failed to respond to my PM (5 days ago), a request for you to select a new name for yourself I gave you a new name based on your 1st four words in your last post above.

I typed a message and thought it had sent before I logged off. I just checked my out box and it said I have sent no messages. I apologize for this and I assure you that it was not intentional. I will be more thorough from now on.

BTW, I kinda like this name lol. Thanks Ranger Steadfast.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank your for your interest in serving.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “Introduction Archive”