Introduction-Adrian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

blindside622
Future Soldier

Introduction-Adrian

Post by blindside622 »

Hello, my name is Adrian. I am 22 and have a hs diploma with 23 college credits. I have been working full time for three years for an electrical contractor. We mainly do DOT work. First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you who have sacrificed so much while many take everyday for granted. You guys are the true back bone of this country. I have finally decided to do something for myself and enlist in the U.S. Army as 11x for 4 years. I ship for OSUT at Fort Benning 20100414. I did not get any options because the counselor claimed there were no slots available. My recruiter and station commander keep reassuring me i will get a chance for airbone and RASP after OSUT. What are the reall chances of the happening? assuming I make myself noticed through physical prowess and leadership. Also, I scored well above the requirements on the the ASVAB. Any and all advice is appreciated very much. Thank you for your time!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Adrian

Post by Jim »

Adrian, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are weak at this station, and need to get yourself back into focus. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Most of the questions you have raised elsewhere have been addressed at least once. The search feature is your friend. For the moment, I reserve judgement. Get on back in here and tell us more about yourself and spend more time reading and less bouncing around. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for enlisting.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for enlisting to serve our country. Your questions have been asked and answered many times on this site and within the last week. The short answer to your question is "maybe." To find out more, read through the introduction and recruiting forums. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
blindside622
Future Soldier

Post by blindside622 »

Thankyou Ranger Jim, Ranger Wolfhound, and Ranger Bill for trying to help me keep my path straight. I have read Ranger Bill's ROE twice and will continue to keep them in mind. I know I still have alot to learn and beleive me, I am learning from my mistakes.
Now, more about myself. I have been living on a lake almost my entire life so a big part of my summers have been participating in water skiing and wakeboarding. I am a strong swimmer but I need some work on cardio. I am 70" and 165lbs. I have not administered an official self PT test yet but I will be taking the APFT this week with my recruiter. I will post my results afterwards.
Since my enlistment I have been in the gym 4-5 days a week. I have not been doing a good job of organizing and maintaining a schedule though. I try to run 1 mile 2 days a week on the road, run 2 miles 2 days a week on an elpiptycal machine, and ruck 3 miles with 55lbs 1 day a week. If I feel i need another day of rest from running I will bike instead. In between running I do my calisthenics every chance I get, along with some weightlifting. Situps and flutter kicks are my weakest area. My pullup max is 15 however i know it is not on the test :( If there is anything else you would like to know about me please ask, or criticize. Thankyou again Rangers!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Thanks for signing on the dotted line. Welcome to the site, and good luck!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
blindside622
Future Soldier

Post by blindside622 »

Greetings Rangers. My APFT with my recruiter was moved to yesterday due to some bad weather on the day scheduled. I was dissapointed because I was forced to do the test the day after a full upper body workout. I would have done it next week but i am going out of town. However, I did do well enough for the promotion. I am also dealing with an ear infection so I dont think that helped. I am not making excuses, I am just setting the scenario I was dealing with.

PU in 2 min- 42
SU" "-63
2mile run- 15:00 (I learned how it feels to puke and run at the same time on the last lap, drank way too much water and had some penut butter before hand... bad idea)

I will administer a self PT test after a good rest to get a more accurate result.
I am looking forward to the offial pre-BCT APFT to see where I really stand and set some goals through OSUT.
I am anxious to hear your words of encouragment and criticism. Thankyou Rangers!!! Hooah!
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

You don't have much time before you ship out, get in as much PT as possible over that short duration.

Now the harder part, in your training you will need to work harder and longer than those about you. Most of them are going to be doing just enough to complete the training; you must excel to get the chance you want. You must impress the Drill Sergeants and Company Officers in order to get a favorable recommendation for Airborne Training. While others are slacking and taking time off you will need to do all the extra PT you can fit in during ant free time. Mental toughness will be required to keep to the path when you are tempted to take a break. The same will apply to your advanced training. Make it known you want to go to Airborne Training.

What I am telling you is nothing new, it is all here in many threads. Use this site to collect your thoughts and make your plan of action. You may not be able to access this site on a regular basis once you are in training so don't be afraid to take notes with you.

No encouragement should be necessary, if you have what it takes to be a Ranger your own drive and initiative will either get you there or not. If you have questions that you can find no answers to in any of the threads then ask. Now kick yourself in the ass and motivate.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “Introduction Archive”