Introduction - Mark

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Fate
Embryo

Introduction - Mark

Post by Fate »

Good evening.

My name is Mark. I signed my 11x option 40 a few months ago, getting ready to ship to OSUT 20100209. I am a high school graduate, and just recently attended a semester at Baylor University down in Waco, Texas. Upon completion of my first semester there I had come to a stark realization of a few things. My first epiphany was that Baylor was full of intolerance and elitism, which did not sit well with me. My second epiphany was that I should have enlisted in the Army straight out of high school. And lastly, I realized that if I did not enlist and leave soon that I would be working a nine-to-five job after college forever wondering what 'could have been'.

I am a pretty simple person. I am serving this country mainly because of my love of America and of the freedoms and opportunities America provides. My father never attended college and has lived an Oprah worthy rags-to-riches life, starting from a poor family of 6 being raised by a single mother. He currently is retired in the Philippines, playing golf and living a leisurely life that most people would envy. I am immensely proud of him, and am very grateful that he has been generous enough to raise me well with his love and time. My mother was born into a very wealthy and renowned clan of the Philippines, and she gave up all of her wealth and luxury to start a life in America, where she met my dad while staying illegally in New York city. Unfortunately, my mother died a few days before Christmas four years ago due to cancer which forced me to do a bit of growing up. I believe that I owe a debt to this country for all of the blessings I possess, and that because I am morally willing, mentally sound, and physically able that I have an obligation to do what others cannot.

I'm joining the Army Rangers for a few reasons. First of which because I desire the camaraderie and opportunities that the Rangers provide. Secondly because I believe that stagnation is death - that I should be improving myself at every given opportunity, and that the Rangers will help me improve upon my identity. I also love challenging myself in adverse situations, because I believe that you will not continue to forge a better self without a little 'fire'.

As far as physical training goes, I figure that I am in decent civilian shape. I am 5'8", 150 lbs. I am a Boy Scout of 8 years (I did not attain Eagle due to logistical reasons) so hiking with a pack isn't something new to me. I am currently most concerned with my running, because I have never been one to go for a 'long run' for pleasure. I do push ups daily, sit ups every other day, and leg exercises every other day as well. Also, I'm studying modern Aikido for four sessions a week for 6 hours a session. I will work on myself physically until the moment I leave and then some, and God willing I will be of adequate fitness by the time I hit RASP.

I don't care if they offer me a beach side villa in Italy after airborne, or if they offer me money. I will never, ever, ever, ever quit - not on myself, and not on my team.

Mark
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Mark

Post by Earthpig »

Mark,

Damned fine intro. My squad leader at Battalion was Fillipino, and he was one of the finest Rangers I ever met. Welcome to the site, and best of luck to you in reaching your goals.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Hot Damn Mark! What EarthPig said. You sound like your head is screwed on right, I think we'll allow you to serve in our beloved Army. You keep that attitude Brother and "welcome to the site and the team!" :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Fate
Embryo

Post by Fate »

Thanks for the welcome Rangers. I'll do my best to exceed expectations and serve honorably.

And Ranger ZoneIV, I never made Eagle. Long story short, the Boy Scout Council revoked several merit badges at once due to a father in our Troop who lied to me about his credentials and signed off on a merit badge as if he was a doctor. I make no excuses for why I quit, but I do regret it to this day.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent introduction. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please self-administer a PT test and post your scores on this thread. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to serve our country as an Army Ranger. Good luck to you with "luck" meaning preparedness meeting opportunity. You have the opportunity. Being prepared is all up to you. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Fate
Embryo

Post by Fate »

Results of my PFT:

46 Push ups
53 Sit ups
7 Pull ups
No run as of yet because everything here is in kilometers, so finding an exact 2 mile stretch is proving to be difficult.

Return to “Introduction Archive”