President Pantywaist in retreat (OP/ED)

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: President Pantywaist in retreat (OP/ED)

Post by Ranger Ron »

I love it when a plan falls apart!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

The Democrats response is to abuse the power of government to get information on the insurance companies, so that they can now run around telling the country how much money they make, and how they go on expensive vacations, and how they fly around in private jets (unlike the most corrupt organization in the US - the Congress):

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9A61E6O0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The house democrats demanded that insurance companies provide detailed financial records for Congress. The Representatives say that the committee is simply "examining executive compensation and other business practices in the health insurance industry."

Why do the Democrats need to know the information about the following:

•Compensation levels of highly paid employees - those making more than $500,000 in any year between 2003 and 2008. This includes bonuses, stock options, perquisites and deferred compensation.
•Documents on the companies' premium income and claims payments
•Explain how executive pay is determined and provide documents used by the boards' compensation committees.
•Any information on corporate events held outside company facilities since 2007, including detailed costs on transportation, entertainment, food and gifts.

If I were the insurance companies I would have the gekko and cavemen, and even Flo tell them to all get fucked
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Bcosniper
Ranger

Post by Bcosniper »

Flo is owned by George Soros, so it's safe to say that they won't get too much scrutiny anyway.
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

RangerRon wrote:I love it when a plan falls apart!
According to Murphy's Law, isn't that what happens when the firefight starts?
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Obama, Reid and Pelosi have all been shown to be a joke, but don't ever doubt the Republican's ability to completely fuck up and fall apart when they should be turning the situation in their favor.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

IntelToad wrote:Obama, Reid and Pelosi have all been shown to be a joke, but don't ever doubt the Republican's ability to completely fuck up and fall apart when they should be turning the situation in their favor.
i.e. interrogation of Bill Clinton after the Lewinski scandel.
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

rgrokelley wrote:The Democrats response is to abuse the power of government to get information on the insurance companies, so that they can now run around telling the country how much money they make, and how they go on expensive vacations, and how they fly around in private jets (unlike the most corrupt organization in the US - the Congress):

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9A61E6O0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The house democrats demanded that insurance companies provide detailed financial records for Congress. The Representatives say that the committee is simply "examining executive compensation and other business practices in the health insurance industry."

Why do the Democrats need to know the information about the following:

•Compensation levels of highly paid employees - those making more than $500,000 in any year between 2003 and 2008. This includes bonuses, stock options, perquisites and deferred compensation.
•Documents on the companies' premium income and claims payments
•Explain how executive pay is determined and provide documents used by the boards' compensation committees.
•Any information on corporate events held outside company facilities since 2007, including detailed costs on transportation, entertainment, food and gifts.

If I were the insurance companies I would have the gekko and cavemen, and even Flo tell them to all get fucked
Ranger rgrokelley, What say you to inquiry into Congress's insurance and retirement plans..... or maybe that' not a good idea then the american people's feathers would really be ruffled ...... couldn't the redistribution of assets in these plans help to balance the national deficit :?
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Rangertab1
Tadpole

Post by Rangertab1 »

Unless any of you good people are willing to raise your hand and say:

I promise to reject all healthcare at the age of 85, so that Rangertab1 can quit payin for his more than fair share.......shut the fuck up.

It is a problem that can't be solved......so go lose some weight, take care of your health before you break me......and be happy when you reach 85. We all die anyway. :shock:
Outstanding! I get to lead my family through humanity's next mass die-off. -Me

Commissioned, Lamar University - 19 December 1992
Ranger School Class 10-93
S4 RSE PL, 2/75 93-94
Rangertab1
Tadpole

Post by Rangertab1 »

No offense HeartofTexasArmyMom.....but the idea of any politician solving or even understanding the depth of our problem is nonsense. All pantywaist politicians retreat on this subject cause they are worried about alienating their voters; are too stupid to see the fundamentals; or are too buddy-buddy with some group that makes lots of money on big medicine. I would never be elected because my speech would go something like this:

....................My good people of America, we got a problem. Everybody wants to live forever, eat/drink like shit, do as little physical exercise as possible, pop pills when there is a problem, blame somebody else for their self-induced health problems, sue a doctor for any and every problem they face, and expect the tax/premium payor to keep footing their bill. So....if you smoke more than a pack of cigs a day; are 60 pounds overweight; can't regulate your self-induced issues; or refuse to walk around the fuckin block three times a week.....you are not eligible. Don't worry though. You won't have to pay anything......you just aren't gonna get any medical service in return. What I wanted to tell you, though, is that your funeral services will be covered courtesy of Uncle Sam. Vote for me.............. :D

Your thread strikes a nerve with me. I had a conversation with another heart of Texas army wife a few weeks ago. She thinks its feasible to spend a few hundred thousand dollars on a 100 year old woman so she can live to be 105. I don't.

My aunt Gladys, who is 96 years old, refuses to go to the doctor and waste any more money on herself. Quoting her: "Hell Brent, I am to old to worry about dying. I am starting to worry about how much longer I'm gonna live."

Prolly should have never gotten on this thread. Overall, sorry I sounded mean Texas Army Mom. I love you. :wink: Later.

S4 RSE PL, 2/75 93-94
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Jenny Lynn wrote: Ranger rgrokelley, What say you to inquiry into Congress's insurance and retirement plans..... or maybe that' not a good idea then the american people's feathers would really be ruffled ...... couldn't the redistribution of assets in these plans help to balance the national deficit :?

We are basically living in something that looks like the beginnings of Nazi Germany. I know, I know, the minute anyone uses the comparison to nazis a whole bunch of people roll their eyes, and then turn away. However, looking at it historically, if something is almost a direct comparison, then it makes logical sense to use it to show how history can repeat itself.

When Hitler slowly took over the German government sixteen years before WWII. He did it incriminately, first starting with a quick attempt with the Beer Hall putsch. By 1930 the Nazis control the Reichstag and Hitler is on the cover of Time magazine as a shining new star! Within two years he becomes the leader of Germany, combining what is similiar to the President and Speaker of the House.

From the point that the Nazis gained control they passed sweeping controls over peoples lives. They took over businesses, they passed stimulases, they nationalized health care (where handicapped were sent before "death boards"), they created their own army loyal to the Nazis (“We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded”), he created his own police force, he removed governors who were not loyal to him, and finally dissolved the states as being independent from the government. To put the people's minds elsewhere he had bread and circuses, bringing the people the Olympics and having his own government controlled car company that could give the people a car they “wanted”. The people’s car or Volkswagen. He also created a high speed road for them to travel on (which just happened to also handle high speed tank transport and could double as a runway for aircraft). He was looked upon by all as a young, technologically savvy guy, much more cooler than the older stiff politicians they were used to. He was the first politician to use radio extensively, coming into everyone’s homes and letting them know the “truth” every week. He was the first politician to use the airplane as his main method of transportation.

While all of this was going on, none of it affected the Nazi leadership. They did what they wanted, when they wanted, and could continue to do so, as long as they were loyal to the Nazi Party and above all, Hitler. So to answer your question, yes, there could be inquiry into Congress’s insurance and retirement plans, but they would get nowhere. It would be like investigating blatant voter intimidation and fraud during the 2008 election. Though it is obvious, and there are even videos showing black thugs with nightsticks at polling places, the charges were dropped. The media loves their darling and will protect him with every drop of their blood. The Congress, quite possibly the most corrupt bunch of losers ever congregated into one building, will do anything to cover it up, and if they can’t cover it up they will then attempt to destroy anyone who is not following the party lines.

Solution? Vote against them next election (though Democrat voter fraud will be even more blatant and widespread than ever before).

Buy ammo.

Keep a few trusted friends close, and let them know where the guns are buried.

Hope for the best, trust in the American people to do what is right. However plan for the balkanization of America.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Ranger rgrokelley,
Thank you for that post, your history savy is amazing; you took a pretty complex, involved historical event and in so many words put it in layperson's terms and in a nice concise way too, wow the similarities between pre WWII Germany and America today is definitely something for Americans to understand when criticizing all that is going on around them. It definitely opened my eyes more.

Thank you again, Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

All I got to say is...................

Only 3 1/2 more years left ! :twisted:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

. wrote:
Rangertab1 wrote:Everybody wants to live forever, eat/drink like shit, do as little physical exercise as possible, pop pills when there is a problem, blame somebody else for their self-induced health problems, sue a doctor for any and every problem they face, and expect the tax/premium payor to keep footing their bill.
Really? Everybody? Two points here, 1) Stop making broad generalizations around this crowd, we are not "Everybody", and 2) You may want to actually read the article because everything you've said looks like an alcohol induced rant that has nothing to do with the original subject of this thread. We are discussing the POTUS in retreat from his original stance on National Healthcare.

In regards to the article, this was my favorite paragraph;
There will be many more U-turns as reality overtakes Obama. His economic recovery plan, which cost nearly $1 trillion dollars and masked 9,000 pork barrels, has removed his halo for even quite gullible voters. This will be a one-term presidency.
Well, aint the God Gun carrien heavy weight in a good mood today. His comments made perfect sense. In a drunken stupor I didnt read the article, brain went haywire kind of way. Damn, T...some latitude on the O bro. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Rangertab1
Tadpole

Post by Rangertab1 »

Hey ...........When I say WE, I mean ME. I want to live forever and I also struggle with the basic desires of all humans. You, my young brother, need to smile a little more.....cause you clearly don't understand certain fundamentals of humanity. When you call the President a Pantywaist in the presence of me.......I will control the conversation until you stop listening......then I will walk away and store the lack of progress I made in helping that person realize what is at stake in America within the next few months to 6 years. So you get my drift, .? 11 Sept 2009 is comin real soon and you better start focusing on what my tax money is payin for instead of managing my posts.......brutha. You aint done with your schooling yet.

NOW............you are still invited to the luncheon in the Fall with Muhammed Swati in Beaumont or Houston, TX......but you best not address me with narrow and fussy response again..........brutha.

Brent sends. :wink:

PS. This fine young mother PM'd me and clearly understands my intent and historical experience and requested some further reading to improve hear understanding. I abliged and will give you the same assignment........stud Bravo. Later.

S4 RSE PL, 2/75 93-94
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Heartoftexasarmymom, ma'am though I believe that as a "guest" of our site you have the right to post articles that you deem important, informational, or even humorous. In this particular case as a veteran and former Army Ranger, it makes me feel uncomfortable when someone calls the Commander and Chief a "Pantywaist" or in essence a coward on our board.

I don't agree with his spending, I have mixed feelings about his health care proposal. But he has demonstrated in my opinion a strategic and balanced approach to the war, he has increased troop strength in Afghanistan, he has not dropped the pentagon's budget as former Democratic Presidents have done so in the past. He has Not gone after CIA agents who were following lawful orders to break terrorists will by using creative approaches to interrogation AND he gave the order to use deadly force to save American Sailors who's lives were at stake by scumbag somali pirates. Even President Bush did not intervene with American's who had been taken hostage in other situations during his administration.

With all due respect but you are NOT a veteran, but you ARE a U.S. Citizen and as such have the right to freedom of speech, however I would ask that in the future you temper your dislike for the President a bit and maintain a sense of respect for him as it relates to the "office" that he holds when commenting about him on our board. For we as Rangers whether active duty or not have raised our hand to follow the directives of the Commander and Chief regardless of whether we agree with his policies or not. If the call was made tomorrow and I was asked to serve again, I would and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to me what his political spending plan was. It would be because of my belief to serve my Country if called upon regardless of who was at the helm.

Now you may think its cute or fashionable to slam the President, but I do not. I will not get into a lengthy debate about it with you. However I felt it should be brought you your attention and finally I do not speak for the entire site in expressing my opinion, I am only one of many who represent our unit, there are varying opinions, temperments and positions regarding the President. My purpose was to only express my opinion in a way in which you can re-evaluate your postings here.

Thank you for supporting and rasing two fine young Warriors who are proudly serving our Country.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “The News Dump”