Foreigner's chance to be a Ranger and US Army member

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Grey
Embryo

Foreigner's chance to be a Ranger and US Army member

Post by Grey »

Hello SFC Hit_it,

Ranger Bell told me, that I should ask you about possibility to be a Ranger. Here is my intro and my situation:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4619

Could you, SFC Hit_it, give advice, what would be the best for me to reach the target? I read about some other possibility to get the Green Card if I would be "a certein Armed Forces' member". I wrote to one of the cyber-recruiters, but he told me, that it can't be done and the only way is the lottery.

And more. What about "Receive a Security Clearance of Secret or better". Is this possible to reach for Pole, like me?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Grey on June 27th, 2004, 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Foreigner's chance to be a Ranger and US Army member

Post by BadMuther »

Grey wrote:Hello SFC hit_me,

Ranger Bell told me, that I should ask you about possibility to be a Ranger. Here is my intro and my situation:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4619

Could you, SFC hit_me, give advice, what would be the best for me to reach the target? I read about some other possibility to get the Green Card if I would be "a certein Armed Forces' member". I wrote to one of the cyber-recruiters, but he told me, that it can't be done and the only way is the lottery.

And more. What about "Receive a Security Clearance of Secret or better". Is this possible to reach for Pole, like me?

Thanks in advance
Hehheheheee...

what are we playing blackjack?

HIT ME!!!

I'm sorry, I'm just an asshole. ignore me. I read your intro, and I thank you for it.

It's SFC Hit_it not "Hit_Me" in case you were wondering why I was laughing.

Drive on polish soldier!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I probably shouldn't talk about this because I served a little while ago, however I do recall that when I was in Regiment we had a guy (I can't remember his name) but I do remember that he was of Canadian Decent, but he could only get a "classified" security clearance. He was the only guy in the motor pool (we only had one jeep and one motorcycle). The funny thing was that he was only authorized to look at certain parts of it because some areas required a secret security clearance or better. Regiment had just been activated and we didn't have enough personnel in every MOS to fill all of the slots and because he was not born on our soil the DOD would not grant him a secret security clearance (I remember he was fighting it because he was a squared away Ranger but I don't think he ever got it). However CSM Purdy was from Canada so it has been possible in the past.

In light of 9/11 I would assume that the requirements are even more stringent today (in terms of getting a SECRET security clearance), than they were when I was in, so it might be difficult. I would call Ft. Bragg and try to find who is the Ranger Liaison is and ask him directly, if nobody here can tell you.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Grey, you would have to possess a Green Card in order to join the U.S. Army.

you would have to be a CITIZEN to get into the 75th Ranger Regiment because you need a clearance.

you would be able to attend Ranger School with a Green Card, but you will NOT be able to serve in the Regiment.

and before i get hit with a million questions.

AR 601-210 Chapter 9 covers the Ranger/SF contract.

AR 601-210 Chapter 1 covers basic eligibilty and the I-551(Green) Card.

A puerto rican is a US CITIZEN
so is a person from SOMOA, PALAU, GUAM or Native American born in Canada.
Also a panamanian born in the Canal Zone or anyone with at least one American parent born outside the US.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

hit_me wrote: A puerto rican is a US CITIZEN
Who you kidding? :wink:

But Trill sargent, If I do that will i have to do Puchups?

:twisted:

i'm such and asshole...... :lol:
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

lol, that was cold blooded BM my Ranger Buddy in Hooah School was Puerto Rican from 1st Bn......... BTW and yes he received his Tab. 8)

And yes you are an asshole, but I thought that was one of the final requirements to pass RIP, lol. :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Recruitment Process”