Fast Question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
RangerLee
Ranger

Re: Fast Question

Post by RangerLee »

boscounderfoot wrote:
Rangerguru wrote:Unless you come from a hot weather area, you don't to go anywhere near Ft. Benning in the summer. Go get a summer job and do more PT and study.
Couldn't have said it any better!!

Doesn't everybody love 6 am 100 degree weather with 90 percent humidity?
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
ICwrestler8745
Embryo

Post by ICwrestler8745 »

Rangers -

I just got back from MEPs this afternoon and received my 11x Opt 40 contract. The ship date is October 13th. I was so excited that I was able to get the contract, I pushed my bi-weekly APFT to today after I returned.

PU- 82
SU- 79
2 mile - 12:36

I am encouraged by my progress with the PT. But I am always looking to improve. I want to get the run time under 12:00. I would also want 90+ PU/SU. I am concerned about over-training too early though. (OSUT over 3 months away) I feel that my progress in running is moving much faster than my ruck improvement (5 mile - 1hr 22mins @ 35-40lbs). I was looking at possibly mixing up the cardio with some more rucking?
hit_it wrote:Good, and in 4 months, you can become a beast physically. You should have the APFT and your long runs down, and you could probably be moving into rucking. Good job, though.
Any input on whether to continue to focus on the running until I reach my 2 mile goal, or could I mix in some rucking as well? My goal is to be peaking in my fitness in all areas halfway through OSUT and maintaining it through RIP.

Thank you for your time, Rangers.

V/R

Evan
1/75 HAAF 09-Present
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Outstanding.
Now don't be one of the majority of the Opt.40s who just waste the slot.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “Recruitment Process”