BadMuther
BANNED

Re: Intro

Post by BadMuther »

Hurricane wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:
Hurricane wrote:.....what it takes. quote]

Never quitting.

Welcome to the site 0311 Marine; good luck with whatever you decide to do. Get your older brother over to the site sometime.
I'll see if my older brothers wants to join. Dad retired as a Combat Engineer from Benning so naturally he met my a hot wife and settled there and walla born and raised in good ole' Columbus Ga. My older brother is 14 years older than me, never saw him much until he graduated Basic-ABN-Ranger and whatever else he wanted to do. He told me he was recycled twice due to Allergies or whatever but eventually he made it. So I know what "has" been done to do it. As far as skills wise, the only thing I can say from my first work-up as a boot is. Basically Calling in Medivacs, patrolled a shit load, and it's amazing what a good ole' compass and azmiuth can get you on in the woods.

Twin brother is currently going the Officer route and he is already ABN qualified, he is basically hazing himself to get in shape for OCS and IOBC then he wants to hit Ranger School.

Welcome. So are you referring to your mom or step-mom as a "hot ass wife"? :wink:

Never quit will take you to where you want to go. As far as everything else, brush up on all your basic skills and hone in on land nav. I believe your biggest hurdle will be getting the army to accept you. Hopefully our resident jarhead will be along to assist you.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
miller74md
USMC Recon/ Ranger

Post by miller74md »

I don't post a lot. I visit regularly but mostly just to give a quick read and look for familiar names. I'll throw in my $.02 for a second on this though.

Semper Fi. That should go without saying. I understand you feel frustrated at your current unit but don't disrespect. 'Nuff said on that.

I honestly think your plan has you going from one straight up grunt unit to another straight up grunt unit. The slight variation is that you maybe get to jump out of planes for the Army. Big deal.

Don't the Recon Batt's do Indoc's anymore? Most 0311's looking for something a little more high speed and low drag used to at least try to make their way to a Recon Unit. Batt or Force. Have you tried that?

MARSOC's Screening, Assessment & Selection might be something to consider but that came after my time so I'm not familiar with it. It sounds a lot like the SOTG of old only bigger and that was for mostly E-5 and up for the most part.

The Marines have plenty of badass awsome units. You can't just walk into one though. You need a little more prep work/time it sounds like.
Hurricane
USMC

Post by Hurricane »

I'm prepping, and I know I'm no where near the level or experience as the Sgts and above in my Co. Those are locked the fuck on and motivated as hell. It took them time to gain the knowledge and I'm very patient. I need at least two deployments for MARSOC so when and if that times comes after the 2nd deployment. I will try for it then and see where it goes.
"I tell my guys you should expect some of both [combat and interacting with villagers] and you better be able to hand out Jolly Ranchers and 5.56[mm] ammunition with equal enthusiasm and accuracy" - BGen. Nicholson

LCpl in Iraq.

Return to “Introduction Archive”