will i be agble to send/recieve letters

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: will i be agble to send/recieve letters

Post by Bugsy »

WillForfang wrote:My brother is going to rip soon. Will I be able to send / recieve letters from him?
You can send'em but don't be surprised if you don't get any in return. Best you could do for your brother is wish him good luck before he goes and then let'em have at it. If he makes it, THEN write him, it would probably be a good time to write anyway. Because being at Battalion or Regiment is a brand new experience from the Regular Army, tell'm how proud you are, how the family is doin, stuff like that.

Remember he's in a school that (if he's successful) will change him as a young man/soldier in ways even "HE" doesn't realize. So let him concentrate on his noble and honorable objective. If he has a brother who is supportive of him by coming on our site and being man enough to ask the question, then I would bet he comes from a family that teaches the importance of honor, committment, and support for others (and even if you don't somebody such as yourself has it, and I would bet he does too).

I hope he makes it, and we hope that whatever direction that you take in life that you make it too bud.

(remember that you can do whatever you set your mind to do in life as long as you're willing to pay the cost to make it, a lot of people want to do a great many things, however very few are willing to pay the cost) :wink:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I wrote my wife a letter every single night through OSUT. She came to Benning for Jump School, so I saw her in person each night during that phase. Then in RIP, I wrote nearly every night. When we were in the field, I wrote on the back side of the thin cardboard boxes that came in the MRE pouches. I basically made 'postcards' out of them. When we returned to garrison, I stuck a stamp on them and mailed them. She still has all of them in a chest somewhere. It can be done. I was 31 years old though, and not quite as freaked out as some of my younger counterparts.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

mail

Post by RGR_Dan »

When went to OSUT my grandmother was terminally ill with cancer. She made my parents promise not to tell me when she died. I didn't know that she died within hours of me saying bye at the hospital. They waited until family day to tell me. They said I left and she was gone. She knew how important it was to me to be a Ranger and she didn't want her death to be a distraction.

My point is go there with a clear mind and accomplish your task.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)

Return to “About RASP”