Graduated

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
jmil
Embryo

Graduated

Post by jmil »

Not too much to say here besides I was a lazy fuck before basic but I managed to suck it up and make it through RIP. Just trying to continue to push myself because I've already found out it doesn't get any easier.

What can I say besides thank you to everyone who takes the time to provide information to kids sitting at home dreaming of becoming Rangers.
Ndog275
Ranger

Re: Graduated

Post by Ndog275 »

Good job stud.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

jmil wrote:Not too much to say here besides I was a lazy fuck before basic but I managed to suck it up and make it through RIP. Just trying to continue to push myself because I've already found out it doesn't get any easier.

Deppers, read it daily
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Weak SITREP. Please tell us more.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

jmil wrote:Not too much to say here besides I was a lazy fuck before basic but I managed to suck it up and make it through RIP. Just trying to continue to push myself because I've already found out it doesn't get any easier.

What can I say besides thank you to everyone who takes the time to provide information to kids sitting at home dreaming of becoming Rangers.

Which unit you going to?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations, Ranger. Now is your time to start leading the way.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
jmil
Embryo

Post by jmil »

Sorry about that short SITREP.

I came into basic weak and out of shape. I couldn't run for shit, my pushups were lame, and I was just generally sucking all the time. Just sucked it up like I told myself I would and kept going, and it all got easier. It was over before I knew it and I found myself at Fort Sam doing the weakest PT and dealing with high school type drama every day. It's too easy to get lazy and weak there if you don't keep yourself motivated. I passed all of my testing and ended up graduating as soldier of the cycle.

Can't say much about airborne except I had a lot of fun jumping and managed to stay uninjured.

I passed the PT test to get into RIP while in pending for a week then started up. Before the PT test we had something like 220, and our actual RIP class had 170 or so. The hardest part for me was the rucking. I went to basic at Leonard Wood and I don't know if this is the standard now but we NEVER ONCE went on a ruck march with an actual ruck on our backs. PC, LBV, and weapon. Needless to say the 6 miler in RIP probably wasn't a good time for my first ruck march but again, sucked it up and kept going.
We ended up graduating 104, 4 of those being week 4 inserts.

I'll never forget hearing "Don berets" and getting my scroll put on my shoulder. On one hand I was glad I made it through, and on the other hand I was humbled by the fact that I have to live up to that standard every day of my life and was surrounded by men who have. I went from being able to keep up with all of the "studs" at Fort Sam to just hanging in there a lot of the time. I know I still have a lot of work to put in.

Right now I'm Pre-SOCM, waiting for my chance to go. There's 40 something of us and when slots open up there aren't very many of them, so I'll be spending some time working the clinic soaking up as much knowledge as I can.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Nice update Jmil. Keep focused and P.T. like a mad man
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Work your ass off learning shit from the medics. SOCM isn't a cake walk. You do not want to be the guy who shows up at Battalion as a cherry medic who failed the first course he went to. It'll be fucking hell for you.

At any rate, you realize that "good enough" isn't "good enough" anymore and that you have to push yourself harder every day.

Good luck and welcome to the fray!
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

Congrats. Keep us in the loop as to how things go.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95

Return to “Letters from School”