Re-enlistment Ceremony

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

b_thebeau
US Army

Re-enlistment Ceremony

Post by b_thebeau »

Hello Rangers,
I locked in my reclass and reenlistment orders yesterday and will have my ceremony at 1330 on Fort Leonard Wood. I am leaving for Fort Knox on July 31st to report to Cav Scout training. I wasnt able to get Jump School or RIP in the contract no matter how i fenagled it (i.e. 6 yr term, no bonus, no duty station of choice.) None of that mattered to them. Word out there right now is that all AIT and OSUT classes are offered Airborne while at school and its as easy as just signing up for it in training. If thats the case than thats too easy and ill at least get Jump School and hopefully somehow beg my way into RIP. Maybe Ill just show up at the Ranger Recruiter's office every day and do whatever it takes I suppose... not quite sure how to handle it, but know thatll Ill be trying. Either way, I am most likely getting the Bragg orders I requested so that should be a good thing, provided I dont get stuck as a leg for some reason. Thanks for the motivation thus far Rangers. Will keep you all up to date while in Scout school whenever possible. Thanks again!

-Future Cav Scout
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Re-enlistment Ceremony

Post by Baseplate »

b_thebeau wrote:Hello Rangers,
I locked in my reclass and reenlistment orders yesterday and will have my ceremony at 1330 on Fort Leonard Wood. I am leaving for Fort Knox on July 31st to report to Cav Scout training. I wasnt able to get Jump School or RIP in the contract no matter how i fenagled it (i.e. 6 yr term, no bonus, no duty station of choice.) None of that mattered to them. Word out there right now is that all AIT and OSUT classes are offered Airborne while at school and its as easy as just signing up for it in training. If thats the case than thats too easy and ill at least get Jump School and hopefully somehow beg my way into RIP. Maybe Ill just show up at the Ranger Recruiter's office every day and do whatever it takes I suppose... not quite sure how to handle it, but know thatll Ill be trying. Either way, I am most likely getting the Bragg orders I requested so that should be a good thing, provided I dont get stuck as a leg for some reason. Thanks for the motivation thus far Rangers. Will keep you all up to date while in Scout school whenever possible. Thanks again!

-Future Cav Scout

How are you going to be a cav scout in a unit with no cav scouts
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I was in Bosnia with the 4/1 Cav and they basically act like they are the Rangers of the Mech Community. Fun, but still freakin mech, meh....
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
b_thebeau
US Army

Post by b_thebeau »

Baseplate wrote:

How are you going to be a cav scout in a unit with no cav scouts
[/quote]

I am PCSing to another post, most likely bragg or carson, where Im told there are cav scouts. Im not sure why you thought I was being put in a Unit with no cav scouts. Maybe you know something I dont? Maybe Bragg has no Scouts! HaHa, wouldnt surprise me. Thank you all for your input, whether youre for or against it, its always nice to hear from you Rangers.

By the way, I realize I didnt make it very clear that Im PCSing. They gave me 4 posts to choose from. Bragg, Carson, Lewis, Bliss... I said hell no to Ft. Bliss and requested Bragg and Carson, which as said earlier, I will most likely get bragg. ETA on permanent station orders is 2-3 weeks. I will post their decision for all to see.

As always, Thanks again Rangers
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

If thats the case than thats too easy and ill at least get Jump School and hopefully somehow beg my way into RIP.
There are no cav scouts in the 75th Ranger Regiment
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
b_thebeau
US Army

Post by b_thebeau »

Really? That fucking sucks... I was reading yesterday that the Rangers are comprised mostly of prior Calvary... does this mean they had to reclass to get ranger? and also, a cav scout came over to my building yesterday and told me that they get all that stuff. Air Assault, Airborne, RIP. All kinds of schools. Told me to be a hard fuckin charger and get my shit.

V/R
Ranger wannabe
Shoot em in the face
b_thebeau
US Army

Post by b_thebeau »

Ranger .

I was reading it at http://www.cavhooah.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, most likely bias towards cav, however, one of the only informative Calvary websites.
Might have to look around a bit on the site, but it is there. It actually said that 75% of Rangers are or were Calvary at one point in there careers...
Shoot em in the face
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tater Nuts wrote:I thought Cavalry became Paladins and Druids became Rangers. :?

Natural 20...eat my dust
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
b_thebeau
US Army

Post by b_thebeau »

Thanks alot Rangers. I know I will be in the Army for a long time to come. I love this place. The comradery...the pride...the competition... the opportunities...etc. You all motivate me...

Thanks again
Shoot em in the face

Return to “The Mosh Pit”