Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

lgolken
Egg

Introduction

Post by lgolken »

Hello Rangers,

I am a civilian OCS applicant. I should be boarded some time in March and hopefully ship to Basic some time in June. My objective is to be branched Infantry, ideally with an assignment to an Airborne unit. As a second choice, I would hope to be branched Armor with an assignment to a Cavalry Squadron. I seek information about Ranger School and the Infantry more generally.

I am 22. I graduated with a BA in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations in June 2008. Since then, I have been an EMT/Firefighter at my local Fire Department. I go to EMT-Basic school next month. I have also been working out, reviewing my Arabic and Persian/Farsi, and reading the Ranger Handbook and FM 7-8.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

With your language skills, I'm sure you'll find a good Army job! Drive on dude...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
lgolken
Egg

Post by lgolken »

JLTW!!! wrote:You can't go wrong reading two "bibles", thats for damn sure
Ranger JLTW!!!,

I actually have a question about that: I have a bound copy of the 1992 edition of FM 7-8. Should I get the latest edition or should I continue reading the one I have? My recruiter is a nutritionist (MOS 68M), so he's not much help there. In the meantime, I'll just read the Ranger Handbook.
acs88
Embryo

Post by acs88 »

zjaj28 wrote:My name is Jesse, I graduated HS, and finished a year of college before swearing into the Army. I ship out on 20090121.
Can't wait to see some of the responses to this one.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome lgolken and keep us informed of your progress with the selection board.

As for you, zjaj28, this is not your introduction thread. You need to start your own and tell us more about yourself. But congratulations for enlisting.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

acs88 wrote:
zjaj28 wrote:My name is Jesse, I graduated HS, and finished a year of college before swearing into the Army. I ship out on 20090121.
Can't wait to see some of the responses to this one.
STFU
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

lgolken wrote:I have a bound copy of the 1992 edition of FM 7-8. Should I get the latest edition or should I continue reading the one I have?
Take Ranger JLTW's advice and find the new FM 7-8. Leave the 1992 edition at home in your library; if you take it with you to BCT, there's a good chance it might get "lost"...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73

Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

Ranger Bill wrote:As for you, zjaj28, this is not your introduction thread. You need to start your own and tell us more about yourself. But congratulations for enlisting.
As for zjaj28, I'm glad there is someone out there who is more disoriented than I am. I hope zjaj28 can find his way to his own introduction thread!
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73

lgolken
Egg

Post by lgolken »

Ranger Andy wrote:
lgolken wrote:I have a bound copy of the 1992 edition of FM 7-8. Should I get the latest edition or should I continue reading the one I have?
Take Ranger JLTW's advice and find the new FM 7-8. Leave the 1992 edition at home in your library; if you take it with you to BCT, there's a good chance it might get "lost"...
Will do, Ranger Andy and Ranger JLTW!!!

Oddly enough, the new (2007) edition of 7-8 has been redesignated FM 3-21.8. I also could not find a bound version, so I'll just have settle for a PDF.
rakkasan_187
Tadpole

Post by rakkasan_187 »

22 yrs young with a BA.. hot damn kid. You can get pretty far with that. Drive on and good luck

RAKKASAN!!
OIF 2003, 05-06, 07-08.
A Co. Sappers 3STB 3BDE Rakkasan
101st Airborne Division AASLT
"NE DESIT VIRTUS"

" I didn't train you guys to be pussies. I trained you to kill the motherfucker when he points a weapon at you" COL. Steele, Former Rakkasan Brigade Commander.

Return to “Introduction Archive”