Teen shot over vandalized McCain sign

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
42L5V
Ranger

Teen shot over vandalized McCain sign

Post by 42L5V »

(CNN) -- A Warren Township, Ohio, man faces charges of felonious assault after authorities say he fired his rifle at two teens who were attempting to deface his McCain presidential campaign yard sign. Police say the man's sign is the only McCain sign on a street full of Obama signs.

Kenneth Rowles, 50, pleaded not guilty to the charge Monday, according to CNN affiliate WBNS. Bail was set at $10,000.

Rowles told police he was sitting on his porch Saturday when a tan SUV pulled up and a black youth jumped out and ran toward his house, screaming, "This is for Obama." He said another male was hanging out of the passenger window screaming the same thing.

Rowles said he went inside, got his rifle and fired three shots to scare the youths away, according to a Warren Township police report. He told officers he believes that the men "were the same two that have been destroying his McCain sign."

Just hours before the shooting, Rowles called police and said that a car had stopped in front of his house and that a black male "ran up and said something about Obama," according to the report, and "damaged his sign again."

One of the youths, 17-year-old Kyree Flowers, was shot in the arm, according to a police report. He and the second youth, Patrick Wise Jr., 16, told police they were in the car attempting to leave when Rowles fired at them.

"Kyree stated that he witnessed the homeowner trying to shoot Patrick but he was having trouble chambering a round," the police report said.

The teens admitted that they had defaced the McCain sign several times, Warren Township police Lt. Don Bishop told CNN. Rowles' is the only McCain sign on a street full of Obama signs, he said. Bishop said the teenagers probably will not be charged -- and are unlikely to damage campaign signs again, as the incident scared them.

Warren Township is in Trumbull County not far from Cleveland, Ohi

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/28/yar ... pstoryview
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Sounds like the 2nd Amendment protecting the 1st.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Bishop said the teenagers probably will not be charged -- and are unlikely to damage campaign signs again, as the incident scared them.
See what properly applied corrective action can accomplish. :wink:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
Bishop said the teenagers probably will not be charged -- and are unlikely to damage campaign signs again, as the incident scared them.
"This is for Obama" could mean a lot of things. Especially with someone running at you and screaming it. At the least they should have charged those idiots too.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote:
"This is for Obama" could mean a lot of things. Especially with someone running at you and screaming it. At the least they should have charged those idiots too.
You might want to bleach your hood for the next meeting :roll:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I think the homeowner's bullets should be redistributed into the arms of his neighbors.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote: See what properly applied corrective action can accomplish. :wink:
:lol: King of the one liners strikes again.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote: See what properly applied corrective action can accomplish. :wink:
Seriously, they are on the guys property running and screaming at him. The dude is probably older then Andy.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

BadMuther wrote:
Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote: "This is for Obama" could mean a lot of things. Especially with someone running at you and screaming it. At the least they should have charged those idiots too.
Seriously, they are on the guys property running and screaming at him. The dude is probably older then Andy.
Then Im surprized he could even see far enough to determine they were trashing his sign....much less hear them. We all know us elders are deaf and blind.

Fucking DICK! :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
Silverback wrote: You might want to bleach your hood for the next meeting :roll:
Then Im surprized he could even see far enough to determine they were trashing his sign....much less hear them. We all know us elders are deaf and blind.

Hence why he only got hit in the arm! Prolly using a shotgun! :wink:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
Silverback wrote: You might want to bleach your hood for the next meeting :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:
Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote: "This is for Obama" could mean a lot of things. Especially with someone running at you and screaming it. At the least they should have charged those idiots too.
"On the guy's property" does not constitute use of deadly force.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
Agreed, but why not charge the pricks that started the whole thing in the first place???
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:
Silverback wrote:"On the guy's property" does not constitute use of deadly force.
Agreed, but why not charge the pricks that started the whole thing in the first place???
Because they (this is borrowed from one of my other posts) have entered the "Victim zone".
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
It would in my world.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110

Return to “The News Dump”