8yr old accidently kills himself at machine gun shoot

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I agree that no 8 yr old child should have a subgun in his hands, under any circumstances, on a range or elsewhere, it's just too damn young.

.22 with Dad for the day, sure, that's GTG, under strict supervision and good training guidelines for the kid.

This could have been avoided with a little common-sense from the father and the rangemaster alike. It's a fucking tragic accident but the kid was set up for failure.

The father is a Doctor and head of surgery or something at a local hospital here. He openly stated on the news that no one was responsible but himself.

And of course you're right, the Libs will have a field day with this one, and the masses of responsible gun-owners will pay the price for a few people's stupidity.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

This state being what it is I'm sure legislation will pass very soon regarding age limits,

Unfortunately, this step above would be "the inch".....(and a fairly reasonable course of action)
and/or banning MG shoots.
...and this would be "the mile". Which one will the Libs take here in The Good 'Ole Communist State of Massachusetts? :roll:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Silverback wrote:
Baseplate wrote:How is a kid getting killed funny?
A kid getting killed is not funny, what's funny is some fucking slacker little dick wannabe (insert father's name) thought it was OK to allow his child to operate a fucking machine gun!

Of course now the father has entered the "Victim zone" so his incompetence will go unquestioned and he'll probably sue someone else. This was a completely avoidable tragedy and the father should be jailed for manslaughter and or felonious child neglect.
Given the dad is from the Peoples Republic of Connecticut, I'm surprised they don't pursue charges.

Tragic, just tragic..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

This is indeed tragic, and something that dad is going to be living with for the rest of his days on this earth. I could not even begin to fathom the grief that I would be feeling right now if I had just killed my own son through such lack of foresight.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Hung Low wrote:Actually guys, I don't find this event amusing at all. I just wanted to see why a 26 year old women getting her house broken into, her head bashed in, and rendered comatose only to die a couple days later IS amusing...

viewtopic.php?t=44578

...while an 8 year boy being handed a fully automatic SMG at a country fair by an obvious dipshit resulting in the childs instant death ISN'T amusing. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something.

:? :? :?
I see what you are getting at, I'm one guy that can admit that he is inconsistent at times (or is it incontintent, I always get them mixed up), ultimately I see your point, neither instance is amusing, the boys tragedy hits closer to home for most of us because some of us have youngins. Not an excuse just a reason,
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

There is nothing funny about this story or the other. Two families are grieving tragic losses of their children, brothers, sisters, friends, etc., and their lives will be forever changed for the worse.

That being said, we, as Rangers, like many other professions such as cops, firemen, EMT's, etc.etc., have a pretty fucking sick sense of humor when it comes to death, it is our defense to enable us to continue what it is that we do.

Nobody on here would ask for this to happen to someone, but we laugh and make jokes because it's gets us through the day, and doesn't allow all of the shit we see to build up like a civilian would, certainly setting yourself up for failure in the end from taking it all in.

Fuck it man, you gotta laugh, even if it sucks ass.

Carry on.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Hung Low wrote:Actually guys, I don't find this event amusing at all. I just wanted to see why a 26 year old women getting her house broken into, her head bashed in, and rendered comatose only to die a couple days later IS amusing...

viewtopic.php?t=44578

...while an 8 year boy being handed a fully automatic SMG at a country fair by an obvious dipshit resulting in the childs instant death ISN'T amusing. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something.
I got your point and CAMS hit it about right.
Last edited by Rock Island Ranger on October 29th, 2008, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Hung Low wrote:
cams wrote:fuck it man, you gotta laugh, even if it sucks ass.
But don't laugh at fatal firearm accident. Just the bludgeoned dead blond. OK, I get it now.
two things

one she was a blond

two she didnt die right away, at first it was just a bad asswhopping, your words from the loft didnt come out till after she was dead. If she would have been murdered at home insetad of beat then you could stand there and comapre apples to apples
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Horned Toad wrote:
Hung Low wrote:
But don't laugh at fatal firearm accident. Just the bludgeoned dead blond. OK, I get it now.
two things

one she was a blond

two she didnt die right away, at first it was just a bad asswhopping, your words from the loft didnt come out till after she was dead. If she would have been murdered at home insetad of beat then you could stand there and comapre apples to apples
Morbid humor logic...makes sense to me.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Hung Low wrote:
Clearly you don't, and you're sarcasm is evident.

So please, show me on either thread where I made a snide remark towards the victims or a joke over either event.

I was simply trying to put together an understanding of Ranger and/or 1st Responder type mentalities for the civilians reading the thread (it was subliminal, not anymore, I.E. kind of on the skinny) so that they may see into our sick minds a little bit and as to why we make jokes around death, hooah?

Please remove your knife from my back now. Thank you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “The News Dump”