TSA agent steals $200K worth of gear, resells it on eBay

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

TSA agent steals $200K worth of gear, resells it on eBay

Post by RTO »

The TSA reached a mind-boggling new low in customer service this week when it was revealed that one agent had single-handedly absconded with over $200,000 worth of travelers' belongings, primarily cameras and laptops, and proceeded to unload his booty on eBay. His latest haul: A near-$50,000 camera that an HBO employee had been traveling with.

The culprit is one Pythias Brown, a New Jersey resident who worked in the TSA department at Newark Liberty Airport. Finally busted, police discovered an inventory of 66 cameras, 31 laptops, assorted jewelry, and more when they searched his home. How'd he finally get caught? Brown snagged a camera belonging to CNN, and they found it for sale on eBay, where Brown had been converting the gear into cash.

Brown's been doing a great job of it too, with a near-perfect feedback rating on eBay.

Read Full Story Here....
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I know I've had some stuff stolen out of my airport luggage before. About 3 years ago on a trip to Chicago I had a pair of Oakley sunglasses and a $400 wristwatch go missing from my checked luggage... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I feel for the soldiers.

This just reminds me of the demeaning treatment of Veteran's entering V.A. facilities in NYC.

Every Veteran is made to completely empty their pockets & place items in a plastic tray through a x-ray machine. If a buzzer goes off they are then wanded to produce whatever set off the alarm. No for nothing many vets have metal holding their bones together or are wearing braces too. They enter on the left side. Left side is always slow.

Meanwhile all the doctors & volunteers merely place whatever their carrying (but not emptying their pockets) then showing their ID's and walking thru the metal detectors unimpeded. They enter on the right side. Right side is very fast.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

It's bad enough to be on that detail. I think I would have been tempted to thump on the screener until he understood my point of view better.

On the lighter side of things when I came back from Iraq I didn't come home to America I went straight back to Korea to finish my tour. While traveling through the Inchoen Airport one of the baggage handlers found a Stryder knife I got as a Christmas present in Iraq. He asked if I would hand it to him so he could inspect then proceeded to hold it up in front of himself and make a face like he'd just found a dead mouse. When I realized that he was gonna try to confiscate this fucking $1200 knife I had just gotten I lost it. I started coming after him and the screener literally started running but luckily a Major who knew me got a handle on the situation before it got out of control. I was still covered in dust and whatnot from Iraq and Kuwait and this Korean fella was trying to jack my gear! The Major signed for my knife and returned it to me and made sure I understood that if I hurt anyone with it it would be his ass 'so please don't.'

For those who don't already know knives over a certain length are considered criminal in Korea, and if it's double edged then they think its probably already been used in at least one nun murder. Through it all I understood the Korean guy was doing what he was supposed to do so there were no hard feelings. I had to deal with the same screener a couple more times while I was in Korea and we never had another incident. :)

My biggest complaint in America is that now matter where you're going you have to take of your f'ing boots.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

It seems that VA cops have a lot of experience with veterans telling them to fuck off. I was in the gym at the VA hospital in Dayton when the gym manager called them because I would not wait for a staff member to monitor me as I exercised.

They rolled in like they were bad-asses, I looked at them and told them to take their hands off of their guns unless they wanted to eat them. They looked at each other, then at me, and when I told them that I would kill one of them before the other one got me, they backed up, took their hands off of their guns, and started de-escalating the situation.

I was at that facility for PTSD treatment. I got kicked out. Because I displayed symptoms of PTSD.

:)

Fuck VA cops. I do not look for opportunities to fuck with them, but no one pushes me around. If you want me to do something, ask me nice.

And let me lift weights in the gym without adult supervision. I know what I am doing.

-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I think someone posted a link to this before, but is is so relevant to this thread I figured it had to be shown again.

http://www.videosift.com/video/TSA-Gang ... t-security

Even if you hate rap it is tolerable because it's funny as shit!..

Then again, there is more than a little truth to it. :evil:
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

ma91c1an wrote:It seems that VA cops have a lot of experience with veterans telling them to fuck off. I was in the gym at the VA hospital in Dayton when the gym manager called them because I would not wait for a staff member to monitor me as I exercised.

They rolled in like they were bad-asses, I looked at them and told them to take their hands off of their guns unless they wanted to eat them. They looked at each other, then at me, and when I told them that I would kill one of them before the other one got me, they backed up, took their hands off of their guns, and started de-escalating the situation.

I was at that facility for PTSD treatment. I got kicked out. Because I displayed symptoms of PTSD.

fuck VA cops. I do not look for opportunities to fuck with them, but no one pushes me around. If you want me to do something, ask me nice.

And let me lift weights in the gym without adult supervision. I know what I am doing.

And I don't doubt for a second you could have done it!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Hung Low wrote:
I've noticed that all the haughty "tough-guy" VA types crumble REAL easy as long as you keep your hands at your side, don't threaten them, and keep it to severe verbal lashings.
Works great on TSA's and the occasional badge heavy cop too bro!

Bullies in a position of authority simply aren't used to someone standing up and telling them to go fuck themselves.

I've relayed somewhere else my exploits with TSA...
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Hung Low wrote: Tell me those cretins aren't going to be in the back room watching the monitor making lewd comments on the hotties that walk through, and filing it their limited memories for serious beat-off material when they clock-out?
For every hottie that walks through there, they are going to have to look at 10 ugly fucks such as myself, and the sea-pig population I see going through security at ATL will be enough to sterilize anyone.

That is NOT a job I would want to have.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Hung Low wrote:Tell me those cretins aren't going to be in the back room watching the monitor making lewd comments on the hotties that walk through, and filing it their limited memories for serious beat-off material when they clock-out?
And the fine upstanding group of men you surround yourself with would never stoop this low. I love self righteous indignation, especially when it's bullshit.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
edisapimp
Tadpole

Post by edisapimp »

ma91c1an wrote:It seems that VA cops have a lot of experience with veterans telling them to fuck off. I was in the gym at the VA hospital in Dayton when the gym manager called them because I would not wait for a staff member to monitor me as I exercised.

fuck VA cops. I do not look for opportunities to fuck with them, but no one pushes me around. If you want me to do something, ask me nice.

That is great.
Current - USAMEDAC - Ft. Dix, NJ
68WM6/N9/Y8/Z6 SGT, FOB Victory FAS NCOIC

OEF '06-'07
173d ABCT - USAREUR's Airborne Option!

Return to “The News Dump”