Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

weberp
Embryo

Introduction

Post by weberp »

Hello Rangers! Thank you for your sacrifices and service to your Country!

My name is Patrick, I'm a 20 year old from Oregon and a proud Patriot. I was a college student at Oregon State University but I'm moving down to Medford to get my Associates and then enlist with a 11x option 40 contract. I grew up playing Ice Hockey as a defense man so I could lay down some serious hurt on anyone attempting to make a goal. I also like making the Forwards look good. :roll:

I'll be completely honest however. Since my Father is a Retired Army field medic I thought I would jerk his chain a bit and become a Navy SEAL. It was because of this goal that I joined the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps when I was 10. From then on every summer I would travel around the country training with the Navy and Marines learning about the different MOS. When all was said and done I made the rank of Chief in the program and went to South Korea to train with the ROK and our Korean counterparts.

One thing I learned from all those years was that I didn't want to be onboard a ship for 6 months at a time. So now I have a new goal. I am going to be a Ranger and later on SF. Bold words I know but I'm taking the Initiative to learn everything I can. Which is how I found your Site and forum.

Thanks again for your service and God Bless.
Patrick
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ok, Patrick....good on you. Guess now all you have to do is back up those words. Word.Do well.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Why ?

Why do you want to become a United States Army Ranger, young man ?

And why S.F. in the future ?

Decent intro. You are a GO at this station, wildman.

Welcome.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
weberp
Embryo

Post by weberp »

The reason why I want to become a Ranger is because I want to serve Ranger 513. If I am going to serve my Country I want to be sure I'm the best man for the job and the best trained. I don't like doing things half way I guess you could say. Also from being in the USNSCC I got a taste of what it feels like to be something bigger than yourself and college doesn't have that. Too many people that talk but don't want to put it into action.
weberp
Embryo

Post by weberp »

By the way Ranger 513 you are only a short drive away! I was just up at Fort Lewis visiting my Uncle. He works with the ROTC Training up there. Which is also another reason why I am joining. I sat down with some of the Rangers there and listened for awhile about their experiences in theatre. It was humbling to say the least but I figured I couldn't be in better company than with those Rangers. Good times were had.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Patrick, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing well. If you truly desire earning a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Read all the FAQs as well as selected stickies and threads. The DEPs will be along to welcome you to their fold. In the meantime, please self administer a PT test and post your results here. This will give us a baseline to monitor your progress.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

weberp wrote:The reason why I want to become a Ranger is because I want to serve Ranger 513. If I am going to serve my Country I want to be sure I'm the best man for the job and the best trained. I don't like doing things half way I guess you could say. Also from being in the USNSCC I got a taste of what it feels like to be something bigger than yourself and college doesn't have that. Too many people that talk but don't want to put it into action.
Note how proper punctuation is key for clarity of intent.

Am I the only one laughiing my balls off?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
weberp wrote:The reason why I want to become a Ranger is because I want to serve Ranger 513. If I am going to serve my Country I want to be sure I'm the best man for the job and the best trained. I don't like doing things half way I guess you could say. Also from being in the USNSCC I got a taste of what it feels like to be something bigger than yourself and college doesn't have that. Too many people that talk but don't want to put it into action.
Note how proper punctuation is key for clarity of intent.

Am I the only one laughiing my balls off?
Ranger 513 has a new servant!!!
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
weberp
Embryo

Post by weberp »

My bad Ranger Kilted Heathen I guess I wanted to make sure I showed the proper respect. Looks like I'll be shining some shoes for awhile! :oops:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

weberp

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
weberp
Embryo

Post by weberp »

Alright Rangers I have a question and after some searching I haven't found anything on it yet. For starters the only reason why I didn't go to MEPS was because I wanted to have LASIK/PRK done before I went in. I wear contacts now but couldn't stand dealing with glasses at Basic/Airborne/RIP. I recently told by the Ophthalmologist that my I'm not a candidate for either of the Laser surgeries.

The Doctor gave me 1 option that sounded pretty good. Its called a ICL (Implantable Collamer Lense). Think of it as a Contact Lense but implanted under the colored part of the eye. My worry is that this is a disqualifying surgery.

Here is a link to the company that makes these ICL's
http://www.visianinfo.com/
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

I have a servant !!???? :shock:

:lol:

Listen, wildman. Nothing wrong with wearing glasses in basic, Airborne, R.I.P., or a Ranger Battalion. I knew a lot of Rangers who did.

Wearing any type of contact lenses, in my opinion, can cause alot of problems.

Now, wash my patrol car, servant. 8)
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
weberp
Embryo

Post by weberp »

RANGER513 wrote: Now, wash my patrol car, servant. 8)
Be on that in a jiffy Ranger 513 :shock:
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I wore glasses for awhile in Regt. Didnt cause any problems at all.

Most people remember me fondly because of the glasses I wore. :wink:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “Introduction Archive”