Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Sex in the city?? Which street you on? :D

US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

A better response may have been:

:lol: :lol:
US Army 1986 - 1994
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I watched the Golden Compass on PPV last night. It was pretty good. It's like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia all put together. It's a kid's movie I guess, but it has killing galore.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I watched the Golden Compass on PPV last night. It was pretty good. It's like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia all put together. It's a kid's movie I guess, but it has killing galore.
See, I saw it as well... didn't care for it. The only reason I got it was for Nicole Kidman... and she looked like ass in that movie. IMO, Narnia was better... but, not as good as Iron Man. That shit rocked!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

GSXRanger wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:I watched the Golden Compass on PPV last night. It was pretty good. It's like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia all put together. It's a kid's movie I guess, but it has killing galore.
See, I saw it as well... didn't care for it. The only reason I got it was for Nicole Kidman... and she looked like ass in that movie. IMO, Narnia was better... but, not as good as Iron Man. That shit rocked!!!
I am starting another thread based on this one.

viewtopic.php?p=524976#524976
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

BruteForce wrote:A better response may have been:

:lol: :lol:
HOLY SHIT I think I just shat myself!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

A Very Long Engagement

Post by rgrokelley »

Initially I thought this was going to be a chick flick, but someone told me about it. The premise is about a French girl, with Muscular Dystrophy, who falls in love with a French guy. He then goes off to WWI. He vanishes after being sentenced to death. Death was to be sent to the middle of no-man's land and get killed. Two years after the war she then tries to track him down.

Now, sounds like a chick flick. However the war scenes are brutal. Realistic, bloody, and fatalistic. For a girl with MD, she gets naked a lot and is pretty hot (doesn't really have MD, acting and all).

The investigation after the war ties in with a serial killer prostitute, who is wiping out the chain of command that sentenced her pimp to death in the same court.

Naked hot chicks, death, gore, history and a psycho hooker.

I liked it.

:D

Its in French,with subtitles (and it has Jodie Foster, playing a bit part, in French... she gets naked too)
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

GSXRanger wrote:
I like how you compared Iron Man to Narnia. :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
IntelToad
Ranger

Re: A Very Long Engagement

Post by IntelToad »

rgrokelley wrote:Initially I thought this was going to be a chick flick, but someone told me about it. The premise is about a French girl, with Muscular Dystrophy, who falls in love with a French guy. He then goes off to WWI. He vanishes after being sentenced to death. Death was to be sent to the middle of no-man's land and get killed. Two years after the war she then tries to track him down.

Now, sounds like a chick flick. However the war scenes are brutal. Realistic, bloody, and fatalistic. For a girl with MD, she gets naked a lot and is pretty hot (doesn't really have MD, acting and all).

The investigation after the war ties in with a serial killer prostitute, who is wiping out the chain of command that sentenced her pimp to death in the same court.

Naked hot chicks, death, gore, history and a psycho hooker.

I liked it.

Its in French,with subtitles (and it has Jodie Foster, playing a bit part, in French... she gets naked too)
Jodie Foster naked ? I'm in.

Unless I'm missing something, you left out one part of your great movie review- the title of the fucking movie. :D :D

(edited) No, you didn't actually. Pay attention to detail IntelToad numbnuts, drink more Scotch and order a side of popcorn. 8)
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Don't Mess With The Zohan:

I laughed my fucking ass off the whole time.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

lusus
Ranger

Re: A Very Long Engagement

Post by lusus »

IntelToad wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:Initially I thought this was going to be a chick flick, but someone told me about it.

Jodie Foster naked ? I'm in.

Unless I'm missing something, you left out one part of your great movie review- the title of the fucking movie. :D :D

(edited) No, you didn't actually. Pay attention to detail IntelToad numbnuts, drink more Scotch and order a side of popcorn. 8)
I'll knock 'em out, but where the fuck is the title?!?
C co 2/75 86-90
Class 8-88

'The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.' Frederick Foch
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

A Very Long Engagement
US Army 1986 - 1994
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

The Happening...I'll tell you what's happening, I, and everyone else it the theater, got savagely dry-raped in the fucking ass by M Night Shyamalan. I don't usually say this, because I have very loose standards when it comes to movies, but, that movie sucked a fat baby's dick! The overall plot of the movie was OK, but the storyline was totally dead, the characters were as shallow as a thimble full of piss, and the special effects look like I fucking made them. M Night should be whipped with a car antenna once for every dollar wasted on that piece of shit, and when he dies prematurely, then his family gets torn the fuck up too.

There, I feel better. :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Return to “The Mosh Pit”