My intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nebby
Inprocessing

My intro

Post by Nebby »

I served in the Air Force for a little over a year as Security Forces, I posted in this group a while back prior to joining, and for some reason still joined the Air Force. Well, I did the blue to green program and am graduating infantry school next week. I hated the Air Force, there was no challenge and no adventure. All I want to do is be a Ranger, and I will give it all I got. I am terrible when it comes to rucking, that is one of the few things I know I have to work on to make it through RIP. Thanks for your time, Rangers.
I made a mistake. I want to be a Ranger.
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome, and good luck.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site! Good luck on the rucking. It's never any fun!
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and good luck in reaching your goals.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome...

Where are you stationed?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. Keep pressing on towards your goals.
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

Jim wrote:Welcome...

Where are you stationed?
I was stationed at Shaw AFB, SC, but now I am here at Fort Benning.
Nebby
Inprocessing

Re: My intro

Post by Nebby »

Shamrock wrote:I am terrible when it comes to rucking, that is one of the few things I know I have to work on to make it through RIP. Thanks for your time, Rangers.
Another Air Force guy wanting to make it in the big leagues! You should have been a ETAC… that way you got the best of both world before you made the transition. Rucking is nothing more then mind over matter! You just have to look at the short term sacrifice for the long term goal besides rucking is always cooler when you finished up a 20 or an annual 30 miler. Does anyone even do 30’s anymore? Hope everything works out for you! Just take 800 mg of suck it up and go for it![/quote]

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking not trying out to be an ETAC, I don't even know what I was thinking joining the Air Force. Thanks for the advice, I never fell out of a road march, but I found myself wanting to. All I can do is not give up, and that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks for the welcomes, Rangers.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I served in the Air Force for a little over a year as Security Forces, I posted in this group a while back prior to joining, and for some reason still joined the Air Force.
Mind if I ask what stopped you from going OPT 40 back when you were on the site here?

I'm not bashing you for joining the AF, we need them too and they perform a very important job everyday, nothing wrong with that.

Rangerin' ain't for everybody, but you're sigline says you "MAY have made a mistake".

Which is it stud? Seems you still don't know if the sky is up or down. See what I'm saying?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

cams wrote:
I served in the Air Force for a little over a year as Security Forces, I posted in this group a while back prior to joining, and for some reason still joined the Air Force.
Mind if I ask what stopped you from going OPT 40 back when you were on the site here?

I'm not bashing you for joining the AF, we need them too and they perform a very important job everyday, nothing wrong with that.

Rangerin' ain't for everybody, but you're sigline says you "MAY have made a mistake".

Which is it stud? Seems you still don't know if the sky is up or down. See what I'm saying?
Whoops, that was my original quote when I originally joined the site, didn't see it. I made the mistake of listening to family in which branch to join, but finally decided to make my own decisions and do what I always wanted to do, be a Ranger.
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Welcome, Hope you make it!
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome and good luck.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “Introduction Archive”