SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

You got your bad day out of the way early Red Hat.
Now go continue your record of excelling.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Eight Changes
Ranger

Post by Eight Changes »

Rangers,

Thanks for the replies.

It was a very embarrassing number of pushups for a PT test and by far the lowest I have ever done on any Army APFT. That near miss was a real wakeup call that what I had been doing was not enough or simply on the wrong track, and I immediately began a crash pushup improvement program. Time is very short, and I will have to push hard.

Getting all the way through RIP to fail the final PT test is the last thing I want to do, especially seeing all the guys who came back to pending this week for just that reason.

Digging deep, and knocking out 25 . . . and one for the Airborne Ranger in the Sky!
"User assumes all risk"
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Eight Changes wrote:Rangers,

Thanks for the replies.

It was a very embarrassing number of pushups for a PT test and by far the lowest I have ever done on any Army APFT. That near miss was a real wakeup call that what I had been doing was not enough or simply on the wrong track, and I immediately began a crash pushup improvement program. Time is very short, and I will have to push hard.

Getting all the way through RIP to fail the final PT test is the last thing I want to do, especially seeing all the guys who came back to pending this week for just that reason.

Digging deep, and knocking out 25 . . . and one for the Airborne Ranger in the Sky!

Good luck with it! The end totally justifies whatever you have to do to make it!

DEP and current Soldiers who want to volunteer for RIP should read this. This is a better endorsement than I could ever come up with. Who was it that told a DEP "Whatever PT you are doing, it's not enough.."?
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Don't let it mind fuck you. We've all had near misses from time to time. Work on it diligently physically and learn the lesson, then focus on fixing it. But, don't let the mind games play into it. Chalk it up to a bad day.

Best of luck to you.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As I told yu before: Make your own luck.Tou have gotten this far. Just take it one day at a time. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Eight Changes
Ranger

Post by Eight Changes »

Rangers,

I am pleased to report The 75th Ranger Regiment now has one new Red Hat.

Graduate - RIP class 07-08

Thanks again to all the Rangers on this board who have given me advice and encouragement. Your words were not wasted.

One memorable highlight from the class:

Day 0 - After the previous class's graduation while we were carrying the bleachers back to Airborne Ground Week, someone came running up shouting for us to put the bleachers down. We did so, a bit confused, then looked around. It turned out we were walking through the drop zone for a team of Golden Knights who executed precision landings around us. We then picked up the bleachers and carried on. It was both amazing and somewhat surreal.
"User assumes all risk"
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Congratulations Ranger Eight Changes on your successful completion of the Ranger Indoctrination Program. Welcome to the brotherhood my fellow Quartermaster brother. I am proud of you for not quiting like so many before you. Job well done little fucker.

Now do push ups! :lol:
Ranger School CL# 04-05
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

:D :D :D Congratulations RANGER!!
Feels good, don't it?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Damn, David, you have come a long way in a short time. Well done! Never never quit because the tough part is about to begin!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Eight Changes

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats Ranger Eight Changes on earning your Tan Beret. Welcome to the Ranger brotherhood.

Ranger Eight Changes, I have upgraded your title to RIP Graduate temporarily & sent you a PM with some important info.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations, Ranger!
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Monsoon
Ranger

Post by Monsoon »

Congrats bro glad to see you made it.
HHC 3/75 MTR PLT '08-'11
SNOT '11-'13
A 3/20th SFG(A) '13-'16
RS 03-09

Mentored by BMF175